The end where I begin

Danny's POV

Everything was dark...  I could hear mixed up noises full of static like when you're changing the station on an old radio. I felt a soft warm hand on my face as I slowly opened my eyes, through the blurry mess I could see the unmistakable beauty of Clover...  Her mouth was moving but it took me a little while before I could hear what she was saying

"Danny, are you alright??" She sounded panicked and I didn't want to worry her so I attempted to sit up "Jesus Dan! You don't rest wanna be sitting up now do you?!"

"Fuckin hell" a dark silhouette said in the background as they walked towards the door...  I couldn't make out who it was, but I know whoever it was had something to do with the state I was in...

"Where the fuck do you think you're going!!" Clo sounded angrier than I had ever heard

"He deserved it" the silhouette said before slamming the door behind him

"What the fuck happened?"I managed to slur

"Chris hit you" she put some ice on my mouth and I was grateful because the taste of blood was strong...  Now I knew who the silhouette was...

"Oh shit, sorry"

"What the hell are you apologising for?!"

"I asked for it...  We were pretty much fighting for your attention and- "

"Oh my god! This was my fault!"

"No it wasn't" I sat up properly so I could see her "this was my own fault, I pushed him over the edge, and I did it in purpose!"

"Urgh, he's such a dick! You didn't deserve this!"

"Ye have to go after him" it was my fault and needed to fix it...  For Clo's sake...  I would never forgive my self if I had been the cause of her unhappiness

"Why, he's an idiot!"

"But I was asking for it... He wouldn't have done it if I had kept my big mouth shut!"

"That's easy for you to say, your best friend hasn't been punched in the face by your...  Irma"

"Good point...  But you have to be happy, talk to him...  I'm fine, really!"

"He knocked you out"

"I pissed him off"

"He knocked you out!!"She said it with more force and sympathy than before

"And I deserved it..."I put my hand on her arm, she was still pissed off with him but I gave her that look to say everything's ok...

Clover's POV

I couldn't believe Chris hit Danny, my best friend who I have loved since school! I hated Chris for what he did to Dan but he insisted everything was ok, and gave me that look that I just couldn't argue with...

"Fine...  But I still hate him!" He laughed at my stubbornness and smiled at me, I very nearly told him then...  But then I thought about Irma, I thought he was happy with her and I just couldn't be the one to ruin that for him...  "Are you gonna be ok"

"I'll be fine, go on, go get him!" He seemed enthusiastic but I still didn't want to see Chris... I knew he was the only person who knew how I felt about Danny, but hitting my best friend was like hitting a part of me! Dan was still looking up at me...  He really wanted me to go after Chris...  He wanted me to be happy...  I knew I never would be, but I had to do what he thought was best so I grabbed my coat and gave Danny a kiss on the forehead and pushed back his hair into his familiar quiff then walked towards the door...  I gave him one last smile, the way he smiled back at me was like my dream had come true...  But that is all it was ever going to be: a dream...