Chapter 8

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

When I picked Cecilia up from school I was so tempted to pack the kids up and go stay at a hotel.

I couldn't face Caleb with his lying cheating ass.

But then I thought about the advice Leslie gave me.

She told me I couldn't just cry and shut down. She said I had to confront Caleb and face this head on.

The old me would have packed up and been left. But the woman I am today. The engaged woman I am with two children needs to know why the man she loves would betray her like this.

I had cooked the kid's dinner and we all ate.

I put Caleb a plate in the microwave even though his ass didn't deserve it.

As I cleaned up the kitchen my doorbell rung.

I walked out of the kitchen and went to see who was at the door.

The kids were sitting on the couch watching TV when I opened the door.

When I opened the door I was so surprised.

"Mom... dad," I said.

Caleb's parents were here!

"Zoey," his mother smiled as she gave me a warm hug.

I hugged Mrs. Atwood and let her inside. I then hugged Mr. Atwood and let him inside.

"I didn't know you two were coming into town," I said happily surprised.

I love Caleb's parents.

"Well I got your text that you wanted to finally start wedding planning. I've been waiting my son's whole life for this and well I've really been on the edge of my seat for the past two years since you two have been engaged. My husband and I took the next few days off to come spend time with you guys," Mrs. Atwood explained.

"Well Caleb's at the club..." I said.

"Well that's alright. I am good with spending time with my beautiful grandbabies and daughter," Mrs. Atwood said.

"You're staying with us right?" I asked.

"Well yes but only if it's ok with you. We can get a hotel suite if need be," Mrs. Atwood said.

"No you and dad should stay here," I said.

"Dad you know where the guest room is right?" I asked.

"Yes dear. I'll just go put our luggage up there and be right back," Mr. Atwood said.

As Mr. Atwood went to put the luggage in the guestroom Mrs. Atwood and I headed to the kitchen.

"I wish you had of let me know you were coming into town. We just ate and I would have fixed enough food for you and dad," I said.

"Oh sweetheart it's fine. We ate before we left," Mrs. Atwood said.

"Are you sure you aren't hungry I could cook you up something," I said.

"No dear we're fine," Mrs. Atwood said.

She took a seat at the counter on a barstool.

"Is my son still working his long nights?" Mrs. Atwood asked.

"Yes. But what else is new," I said.

"I love his work ethic but hate that he doesn't see it's clearly taking a toll on you. Your eyes are looking puffy... have you been getting enough rest?" Mrs. Atwood asked.