Year-nings

In a world that has forgotten modern civilization and completely inhabited by the supernatural, shadowed beings are chasing a woman in a desolate town. Completely unsupervised by humans, unruly vines swallowed the concrete walls and dried leaves filled the pavement.

This certain lady, who is desperately running inside the ghost town hoping to elude her pursuers is one of the supernatural humans inhabiting the world. With her exceptional telekinetic abilities, many have coveted her power to use it for their personal gain.

Unfortunately, she mistakenly took a turn where she ended up on a dead end, the street swallowed by the unstable earth created a deep chasm preventing her from continuing her escape. The woman, despite fully aware of her great abilities, refuses to use it knowing that a simple mistake can put all that surrounds her in danger.

Just when the shadow beings are closing in to the woman, a couple of man clad in dark uniforms appeared and intercepted the shadow being's advance. The bulkier uniformed man easily subdued two of the shadow beings with his brute strength while the other man leapt through the air quickly shifting into a giant jet-black wolf, tackling the remaining shadow being and swiftly snapping its neck giving it a quick death.

After the shadow beings were exterminated, the two man introduced themselves as sentinels, members of an organization tasked to provide protection to supernatural beings who cannot control their own abilities or those who needs protection from peo...

After the shadow beings were exterminated, the two man introduced themselves as sentinels, members of an organization tasked to provide protection to supernatural beings who cannot control their own abilities or those who needs protection from people who plans to abuse their talents.

Once reached their headquarters, the bulkier man; who called himself the chief sentinel born with intelligence and strength capable of overpowering any opponent introduced the rest of his team, along with the werewolf, who because of being pack-less, dulled his abilities and senses as a wolf, and another capable of sending both animate and inanimate objects in different timelines. The woman and the team quickly developed friendship especially between her and the werewolf person.

However, in an unprecedented event, a grave crime accusing the werewolf surfaced. Unbeknownst to all that it was a plot to remove the werewolf from the protection party of the woman.

The growing friendship between the werewolf and the woman prompted her to defend the werewolf, an act greatly unwelcomed by the authority but deeply appreciated by the werewolf improving their relationship. However, despite other's encouragement between their blossoming romance, the werewolf refuses to accept his emotions. Fully knowing that as a wolf, he is not to be involved in other females other than his mate.

The werewolf, knowing that the woman's involvement in his case might jeopardize her protection from the organization decided to distance his self from her. A thorough investigation occurred and the werewolf was eventually found innocent with the help of his team and the undoubted testimonies of the woman.

In this event, the werewolf fully gained his ability as a supernatural and finally realizing that his mate was the woman. They finally declared their love for each other and was happily welcomed by the team.

The woman gradually learned to control her abilities and became a part of the team. During one of their missions however, a disaster occurred orchestrated by the same organization who was chasing the woman before. Their team was greatly overpowered by the shadowed beings and inflicted heavy wounds during the attack.

In the moment were the enemies surrounded them, the time-traveler who harbored romantic feelings for their chief dreaded at the sight of the state he was in, and used her ability to send her team individually and lastly herself to an unknown time hoping to find haven in a different time and escape his untimely death. Unfortunately, in her panic, she sent everyone but the werewolf, who was distantly located from her, leaving him in a state of alarm and blood lust frenzy due to the separation with his mate.

---

In the unknown time, in the same place but different situation, where the place had no traces of the battle that they fought few minutes ago, and the organization seemingly no longer seeking the woman, they gradually healed themselves undetected.

Hoping to turn the battle around, they decided to return to their own timeline by the time everyone returned to their full health. Upon returning to the place they first arrived, they were shocked to see a familiar face. The werewolf, who despite being immortal, looked older than before with his disheveled long hair and ragged clothing.

At the sight of his team members, the werewolf quickly searched for her. The only reason why he was able to survive the battle alone, despite the relentless attacks against him and defeat everyone in that time, is nothing else but to see her again. The woman he sought out for many years not knowing if he might see her in the future or lost her forever in the past.

And when she finally came into his view, walking at the back of the group, his body moved quickly before his mind can even think. Instinct kicked in telling him to close the distance between him and his mate, to feel that she is real and not a material of his endless imaginations.

He wrapped his arms tightly around her, not allowing any gaps between them. She mirrored his action and wrapped her arms around him, deeply burying her head in his chest. The werewolf still disbelieving the moment he was in, wrapped the back of her neck with his hand to pull her even closer to him, inhaling her scent that he started to forget and feeling the warmth he so deeply missed.

 The werewolf still disbelieving the moment he was in, wrapped the back of her neck with his hand to pull her even closer to him, inhaling her scent that he started to forget and feeling the warmth he so deeply missed

Finally realizing that she was indeed real in his arms, his wide eyes started to shed tears. Shudders started to erupt in his body as the streams of tears and sobs got stronger. He buried his face on the crook of her neck as he started to speak softly to her ear.

"Y-you're here, you're finally here," he stuttered between sobs.

And I woke up.

~ 🌟 ~

Been a long time before I finally got the chance to post another one and a bit shorter than my other dreams cause I got a few hours of sleep in this one. And probably won't be able to post anytime cause Imma try and join some short story competitions. Wish me luck!~

Please follow (I follow back), vote (🌟) and comment below. Thank you~ ❤️