Chapter One

Chapter One

(AN: The story is starting where their relationship is already set in motion. They aren’t together yet, but they will be soon. None of this 'oh, I can't be gay!' bullshit. It's just easier to write this way. Thanks. xx)

Harry's POV:

Today was okay. Okay being used very loosely. Depending on how you looked at it, the day could have been good, or it could be bad. The good part was I got to spend the day with Louis. The bad, was that we found out the lad's views on gays. Me and Louis weren't 'together' exactly, but we were ,um, close. The rest of the boys in the band aren't very fond of men together.

Literally today, we walked past a pair of men holding hands, I think Zayn almost gagged. The rest of the boys aren't much better. They made rude comments about it the rest of the day. Liam called it disgusting and Niall agreed. Me and Louis tried to stay out of it, but of course the lads had to drag us into it.

“Harry, why do you think people do that?” Liam asked me after we had gotten to his house.

“What do you mean?” At the time I hadn't realized he was talking about being publicly gay.

“Gay people, I mean, why can't they just stay away from public places if they are going to hang all over each other?” He crinkled his nose as if he had smelled something rotten.

“I think if they are in love, they should be able to let people know,” I caught Louis slightly smiling on the couch, looking into his mug of coffee, “but they can't. Because of people like you. Who Judge.” My tone was playful, but my point was serious.

“Whatever Harry!” Liam laughed back, “You know you don't like to watch two men hold hands and kiss in the street.”

“I don't like to watch anyone kiss. It makes me uncomfortable.” I mumbled and sat down next to Louis.

Niall had put in a movie full of burning cars, not very interesting to me. My phone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out to see Louis' name across the screen. He was sitting right next to me on the couch and I knew why he was calling.

Every time he wants to leave early, he just calls me. The first few times he called I was confused, but after a while, I caught on and just took him home.

“Hey guys, I'm going to head home,” I stood up and stretched. A chorus of complaints from Zayn, Liam, and Niall.

“Harry! The movie is just getting good! You should stay!” Niall called out, keeping his eyes glued to the screen.

“I think I'll take a pass,” I answered Niall, “Louis, do you want to go with me or get a ride from one of the lads?” I asked casually, as if he wasn't the one who wanted to go.

“I'll just go with you,” Louis stood up to get his jacket, silently thanking me.

Me and Louis left Liam's flat and got in my car. I don't know why Louis doesn't drive more often than he does. He says it makes him nervous, but I don't think that's it.

Louis was quiet until we got to our flat.

“That thing you said about being in love earlier,” Louis said as I unlocked our door, “did you mean it? You think if people are in love, they shouldn't hide it?

“No, it's a terrible shame when people hide their feelings because they are afraid of what people think. They should be able to do what they want,” I think I was just upset because the boys were the ones discriminating. If it was anyone else I wouldn’t care as much, but these lads were my best mates, it's all we hear about recently.