When the Party's Over (scene 2-6 )

Scene 2: Bex and Bowie are at Celia's house taking care of her plants while she is on vacation.

Bex: (yawns) I'm still tired from last night. Who would have thought we would be partying till 2 in the morning?

Bowie: (giggles) Yeah. Who would have known that your mom was in that dinosaur suit?

Bex: (thinks) Yeah that was weird. But I'm just glad that she didn't literally crash the party. We both know that my mom three years ago would not want me throwing anything in her house.

Bowie: (watering the plants) Yeah, she has come a long way.
(The door bell rings)

(Bex and Bowie stare at each other)

Bex: (pretends to yawn) Can you do your "wife" a favor and get that? I'm just sooooo tired.

Bowie: (rolls eyes) Fiiinne. Anything for my "wife".
(They share a laugh)

Bowie: (brings in mail) It was just the mail.

(He goes through it seeing if there is any mail for them)

Bowie: (concerned) Ummm...Bex this mail is from your Dad. And it a big envelope.

Bex: (brushing off) It's probably like a big postcard or something, let's just watch tv and take some naps. (She plops on the couch) Cause every time we go through mail something always happens.

Bowie: It says "you've been served".

Bex: (concerned) Please tell me your joking. (She gets up from the couch) Let me see. (Her face freezes) This can't be true they been together forever.

Bowie: (comforts her) Its okay it's probably something else. We don't know what it is for sure we haven't even opened it.

Bex: Everyone knows "you've been served" means divorce players. (stares at Bowie) Let's open it.

Bowie: But I thought you said we have to stop going through mail.

Bex: (gets angry) This is my FAMILY! (Bex sees Bowie's face in discomfort) Sorry I didn't mean to yell. Please just be here next to me while I open this. (Kisses Bowie's cheek)

Bowie: (exhales) Okay. I'm here for you. We open this together.

Bex: Thank you. (She opens the mail) (As she reads the mail her voice begins to shake) (she drops the mail) (she covers her mouth and breaks out in tears) (she slowly crashes to the floor)

Bowie: Bex, are you okay? What did it say? (She points to the mail) (He picks up the mail and slowly puts his hand to his mouth)

Bex: (voice cracking) It's over...I can't believe it's over. I've should have known something was up. With all the traveling he's been doing and the fact he didn't come to mom's birthday dinner. (She looks at Bowie with tears running down her face) Is this going to happen to us? If they didn't last what chance do we have.

Bowie: (slowly sit in the floor and hugs his wife) (He talks in a comforting tone) Hey, it's okay. Just because they didn't work doesn't mean we won't work. Besides we have a beautiful daughter who helped us find love again. So she will always be there to bring us together. And as long as I am breathing...I will always love you.
(Bex put her head on his shoulders and cries)
(They share a moment)
Bex: (wipes her tears) We can't show these to my mom.