Chapter Two

{moving on}

"Hoseok!" Namjoon called out with concern, fist raised to the door as he knocked against the chipped wooden surface. "Hoseok, it's been two days, you need to eat something! Anything!" he cried, not surprised when he didn't get a response from the male inside. 

As the daylight dwindled the tension in the cottage grew. Hoseok hadn't left his room for two days now. Namjoon found himself fiddling with the door handle Hoseok had no intention of opening and his eyes kept darting to the wooden door in hopes that Hoseok might emerge. At first he decided to give Hoseok his space, allow him to recover at his own pace, but this was now getting completely out of hand. Hoseok had barely spared himself any time to eat on the journey through the city, and now he kept hidden in his room not eating a thing. 

Running a hand through his overly bleached hair, Namjoon clicked his tongue as he took a step back from the door. "I may be a good crafter, but I'm also darn good at breaking things." Namjoon muttered under his breath as he narrowed his sharp eyes on the door. Sucking in a breath of air Namjoon launched himself at the entrance, raising his leg as his foot landed solid against the door. Thankfully the house was old and rickety, hinges already rusted over allowing them to bust straight off the door frame. 

The chipped wooden door landed against the carpeted floor with a loud thud, dust stirring as Namjoon was sent into a small coughing fit. Once the air had cleared, Namjoon's stern expression softened on the sight before him. 

In the middle of the room, laying motionless on the bed was Hoseok. His eyes were bloodshot, a fresh layer of glassy tears covering his caramel orbs as his eyes remained glued to the ceiling. His body looked frail and weak, obvious muscle loss as he lay motionlessly on the bed, "I don't want you to see me like this Joon..." Hoseok choked, voice raspy like sandpaper as he rose a hand over his eyes, shielding his pain from the silver haired male.  

Namjoon ran his hand through his hair, teeth tugging at his lower lip as he starred at the shell of his best friend. Hoseok's warm orange hair was nothing but a tousled mess against his skin now so pale, Namjoon had to hold his breath as he realised that Hoseok had never been broken before, he had always been able to pick himself up again, but not now. 

Emotional pain wasn't the way a cut or a bruise was. It was much different and only Hoseok could tell if it was there. Sometimes the pain was at the back of his mind like a dull pulse. Other times it punched itself forwards, demanding attention as it cut his mind in half and stung with every breath he took. Hoseok knew he was in endless pain the moment he'd woken up one morning alone, the space beside him empty and replaced by nothingness. His joy was gone. He could no longer wake up next to Daisy and think about his days with her, but instead wake up with the new goal of survival. 

With a brief moment of hesitation, Namjoon found himself slowly walking over to Hoseok's side seating himself against the bed before he too allowed himself to lay against the soft mattress of the bed. His back hit the covers as he lay beside Hoseok, gaze falling to the ceiling. 

"I've never felt so alone Joon..." Hoseok began to speak, "So incapable of doing even the smallest tasks. I've only been alone for two days... and I'm... I'm." Hoseok paused as he choked back a sob, taking in a shaky breath of air as he removed his arm from across his eyes, "I'm loosing myself Joon, what do I do?"

Chest slowly rising and falling, Namjoon found himself letting out a troublesome sigh. Hoseok's emotional pain seeped out in his words and it hurt to hear how low his best friend had sunk. "It's normal Hoseok, there isn't anything wrong with you." Namjoon spoke up, eyes still glued to the ceiling, "You loved her, it's gonna hurt, worse then a broken heart." he spoke bluntly before letting out a grunt as he pushed himself up off the bed, sitting up as his gaze turned towards Hoseok laying beside him.