Chapter Ten

{acknowledgment}

"Yoongi I-" Jimin paused as his lips gaped open, moving but not producing any words. With wide eyes he turned to the blue haired male in front of him, realising that it wasn't only himself that was shocked, but Yoongi too. Biting down on his lower lip, Jimin cast his gaze to the floor, "Let me think." he breathed, causing Yoongi's shoulders to drop, "just let me think." he finished, turning on his heels as he stepped over the broken glass, making his way back to the trolly he'd left in the furthest isle. 

Jimin wasn't unsure, in fact, the younger knew for certain that over the past few weeks he'd developed feelings for Min Yoongi. The problem was he was scared, scared of loosing focus at a time like this. They were all still in grave danger, still on the run from both infected and camps alike. Jimin was also emotionally drained, loosing his best friend Daisy and watching how low Hoseok had sunk made him question whether or not building a relationship was a dangerous thing. 

From afar, Yoongi watched as the blonde haired male trudged back over to the end of the store, not a single word spoken about his injuries or the infected they'd just faced. The mood had plummeted. 

"Hoseok?" Yoongi called, distracting himself from the conversation he'd just taken part in as he searched for his missing comrade. 

A small creak was heard as Hoseok stepped out from a wooden cupboard, checking left and right until he was certain the coast was clear. The orange haired male let out a sigh of relief, loosening his tense stance as he caught Yoongi's eye, "Thank god you're okay." he spoke, stumbling towards the blue haired male, "is Jimin safe too?" Hoseok paused when he noticed Yoongi freeze up, lips parting before he returned to his usual bored expression. 

"He's alright..." he explained, before shaking his head, "but his hands are kinda busted up." Yoongi spoke, recalling how glass had wedged itself painfully into the blonde's palms, "We should be quick and head back," he paused as he ran a hand through his hair, "Jimin needs stitches."

Frowning, Hoseok gave a nod of approval, "Alright, lets meet back at the car in no more then ten minutes." the navigator spoke, adjusting his quiver still strapped over his shoulder, "We don't want Jimin's condition to deteriorate."

-----

The ride back to the cottage was silent, no words were shared between the three males. Hoseok almost opened his mouth to question why Jimin had decided to sit up front instead of in the back alongside Yoongi, but was quick to zip his lips after he earnt a sharp glare from Yoongi in the revision mirror. 

Pulling up to the front deck of the house, Hoseok wrapped a hand around the gear stick, switching the car into park and shutting off the engine. "We're back." he sounded lowly, usual sunny mood disrupted by the gloomy silence shared between both Yoongi and Jimin as they simultaneously hopped out of the car. Rolling his eyes, Hoseok took the keys out from the ignition, stepping out of the car before slamming the door shut. 

Footsteps sounded heavily against the wooden deck as a familiar male came into view. Hoseok smiled, "Hey Tae." he chirped, walking around to the boot of the car as he opened it up to reveal the supplies they'd gathered. 

Stumbling down the stairs of the front porch, Taehyung made his way to Hoseok's side, leaning a hand against the car as he peered inside the boot. His eyes lit up with the array of food they'd managed to collect, all boxed up in cardboard boxes they had found inside the storage cupboard of the supermarket. "Woah," Taehyung sounded, "you guys did a good job." 

Hoseok chuckled, "We ran into a bit of trouble," he placed his hands underneath a box, grunting as he picked it up and held it to his chest, "but it was nothing we couldn't handle on our own." he winked, the golden rays of the setting sun falling softly over his tanned skin, fiery orange locks looking all the more ethereal as he organised the supplies.