Chapter Twenty-Three

/ DOUBLE UPDATE! MAKE SURE TO HAVE READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS! /

{one need}

"Why do you think they went to this much trouble?" Jungkook asked, back leant up against the glass as he huddled his knees to his chest for warmth. Leaning against the glass in the chamber beside him was Yoongi, he too had his knees to his chest, inked arm on full display as he sat trembling in nothing but a simple t-shirt. The cold was beginning to prick painfully at his pale skin, almost rendering him breathless as he struggled to keep his shivers under control. 

Letting out a frosty breath of air, Yoongi began to explain, "As a former detective, it's pretty straight forwards." he muttered, bringing his knees closer to his chest, "They simply want credit for the vaccine, because lets face reality here. The world will never have the same leaders, it'll be camps. Besides, at the end of the day people would be more inclined to follow those from major camps, not some crummy runaway squad."

Gaze falling to the concrete, Jungkook's hair fell over his eyes, "Yeah," he murmured, "I guess you're right." turning to face Yoongi, Jungkook's eyes fluttered down to the male's stomach, "How are you doing?"

Yoongi let out a light chuckle, "I could be better, but what we really need to focus on is a way out of here."

Jungkook rose a brow, "And you suggest?"

Raising a hand in-front of his eyes, Yoongi's gaze remained glued to the palm of his hand, "All I need is one handgun, it doesn't matter the size or model." he curled his fingers into a tight fist, "With that we could break out easy... remember," he turned his gaze towards Jungkook with a sly smirk, a strand of faded blue hair falling over his sharp feline eyes, "I never miss."

Lip tugging into a smile, Jungkook gave a small salute, "You're the best shooter out there."

The light moment was quick to be cut short by the sound of a low groan, the male in the chamber opposite Jungkook stirring against the concrete floor. Eyes going wide, Jungkook broke out from his huddled state, not caring that the cold shocked his lungs into a panic as he dashed over to the other side of the glass chamber, to face the side Taehyung was on. 

Jungkook watched on as Taehyung's eyes slowly flittered open, a blank stare upon his face before his memory slowly began to flood back to him. Letting out a hoarse cough, Taehyung first brought a hand to his still healing bullet wound, thankful that it hadn't reopened before he placed a palm against the cold ground, shivering as he rose into a seated position.  

"Woah, woah, woah!" Jungkook exclaimed, a hand pressed against the glass as he locked eyes with Taehyung's form, "take it easy."

Taehyung wasn't focused on Jungkook's words, but instead at the sight off the glass walled room he was in. Heart beginning to thump against his chest, Taehyung's eyes darted around the chamber, fear creeping in as he registered that he was in the, "science facility," he breathed through blue lips, "we're in the science facility." he spoke. 

With lidded eyes, Jungkook gave a sad nod, "y-yeah."

Hair falling messily over his forehead, Taehyung's gaze trailed down to Jungkook's blood stained knuckles. With doctors experience, it was obvious to him that Jungkook had been punching against the glass. 

Taehyung let out a sad sigh, "Are you okay Kook?" 

Averting his eyes to the floor, Jungkook gave a pained smile, "Yeah... I'm fine." he gulped, keeping silent about the tough situation Yoongi had explained they were in earlier. "Besides..." Jungkook spoke up, his ears burning at the sound of the metal door screeching open. All three males froze in place, skin paling all the more if that was even humanly possible, 

"We've got bigger problems to worry about."

--------------------------------

{Author Note}

There's not long left until this book finally wraps up! Probably only another week or two of updates before I change its status to complete!

For those of you who've really enjoyed this story, I recommend checking out my current major work 'Elements of Reality.' It's a group BTS fanfic which I've already fallen in love with writing as it's fantasy and sci-fi related. I know you'd all love it xox

(unedited)