Chapter Eighteen

{claiming their bonus}

/Three hours earlier /

"Hey Kook?" Taehyung uttered, glass of water clutched tightly in his hand as he took a seat beside the younger. Taehyung sunk into the comfort of the living room couch, knees brushing against Jungkook's as he did so.

Lifting a brow, Jungkook pulled his gaze away from the window, locking eyes with Taehyung instead, "Yeah?"

"Just a thought, but after high school... what were you aiming to become?" Taehyung asked, a cold shiver crawling over his skin as he battled against the plummeting temperature inside the house. He was in nothing but a flimsy t-shirt, same went for Jungkook, Yoongi and Jimin. They had all decided to allow for the rest of the squad to take the winter gear out, seeing as they were going to be more exposed to the elements. 

Letting out a tired sigh, Jungkook pulled the thin quilt further over him, back resting peacefully against the couch, "You might find it stupid... but I always wanted to become a film maker." he chuckled, a small smile spreading over his face. "I wanted to capture every experience in the most beautiful way possible. You know?" he finished, earning a smirk from the male seated beside him. 

"I get that, I was into photography." Taehyung spoke up, nudging Jungkook playfully on the shoulder. 

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise, "Wow, the local gang leader was a photographer."

Taehyung frowned, "Shut up."

From the comfort of the living room, Taehyung's ears perked up in surprise by the sound of a clatter and a thud from the kitchen, followed by infectious laughter. Also noticing the noise, Jungkook called out, "You okay in there Yoongi?" 

There was a moment of silence from the kitchen, a few soft murmurs before Yoongi called out, "Yep! Just stubbed my toe." he groaned, stumbling back from the kitchen bench and bending over to rub his toe. 

Leaning on the bench beside him, Jimin broke out into a fit of laughter, "Be more careful Yoongi." the blonde chuckled, watching as Yoongi straightened himself back up, shooting a dark glare towards the younger. 

"Yeah, yeah... says the actual clumsy one." he snarled, watching as Jimin rose a hand to his chest in offence. Yoongi chuckled, "I'm just joking around." he smiled, thin lips curving upwards as he lent against the kitchen bench beside Jimin.

The window was slightly open, a cold breeze channeling itself into the kitchen and through the house. Yoongi began to sniffle as he felt goosebumps forming against his skin, a result of wearing nothing but a t-shirt, leaving his arms exposed to the elements. Winter was closing in all the more, the coldest still yet to come. 

Noticing Yoongi's shivering state, Jimin began to lean in, extending his arms, but paused at the sound of a low knock coming from the front door. Jimin's breathing hitched in his throat, movements going on hold as he withdrew himself from the older, "Um... does the squad usually knock?" he gulped, clenching his teeth as he slowly turned towards the exit of the kitchen. 

It seemed Yoongi had also become painfully aware of the unexpected knock, a look of horror written across his usually stern expression. With narrowed feline eyes, Yoongi watched as Jimin began to inch away from the kitchen bench, ready to turn the corner into the living room where the front entrance of the house was. So without thinking twice, Yoongi reached out an arm, placing it firmly against Jimin's shoulder, "Jimin stop." he spoke lowly, causing the younger to pause in his steps, "Taehyung or Jungkook will get it." he muttered calmly, keeping a relaxed expression when really he was on the verge of completely loosing it.