Chapter Seven

/ a very short but important chapter /

{calm}

"This explains everything." Taehyung murmured, lips parted in absolute awe as his gaze remained locked onto the paper clutched tightly in his hands. The sheet was wrinkled at the corners, coffee stains and water markings further emphasising just how old these notes actually were. Taehyung felt his throat go dry, "It's from roughly twenty years ago," he gulped, eyes lifting from the paper as he turned his gaze to his cousin, "back from when my father was conducting the experimental vaccines."

Jin's eyes went wide as he uncrossed his arms from his chest, taking a step forwards, "What does it say?"

Biting down on his lower lip, Taehyung sucked in a sharp breath, "It's the offical results from the experiments, including the results from Jungkook's mother." he began to explain, extending the paper towards his cousin with a slightly shaking hand, "My father was trying to create a new form of cells to fight off the virus. It's been written down here as a failure," Taehyung explained, pointing towards a line of text, "but what he didn't know was that he actually succeeded..." he sighed, "he just didn't run any tests on Jungkook."

Jin gave a stern nod, "So what you're saying is, whatever your father gave to Jungkook's mother didn't block the virus in her... but the virus in Jungkook instead?"

"Correct!" Taehyung exclaimed, snapping his fingers as he paced back and forth across the wooden floorboards, "It was written down as a failure, discarded as another failed attempt. But what my father didn't know is that it worked," he breathed, pausing in his steps, "it really worked."

Jin cocked a brow, taking the sheet of paper from Taehyung's hands and bringing it closer to his eyes, "How does this explain everything then?" Jin frowned, narrowing his eyes, "The chemical formulas aren't even written down so that we can create it ourselves." He stated, peeling his gaze from the page as he locked eyes with Taehyung. 

The corner of Taehyung's lip ticked up into a sly smirk, "I know there aren't any formulas," he stated, taking the paper from Jin's hands as he turned it towards himself, "but~" he cooed, "It does say that what he used was something that altered the human cells." he smiled, earning an amazed look from his cousin, "so all we have to do is-"

"-study how they fight off the non-dormant infection..." Jin interrupted, running a hand through his tousled brown hair. 

Taehyung nod, 

"I'll go get Kook."

-----------

{Author Note}

I've read a lot of people's comments from 'The Survivors' and I realise a lot of people struggle with mental health issues. I used to struggle with a lot too, so I just wanna say that as cringey as it all sounds, things do get better. Life is long, and there are a lot of road bumps along the way. 

Go eat a nice meal, treat yourself, remember you are loved by someone and stay hydrated!

(unedited)