(Chapter 5) - The Doctor's Memory

When Jonathan came to, his head throbbed in pain as he attempted to look around to no avail, his blurred vision presenting him with the outline of what looked like a tall figure standing next to- Jonathan squinted- a machine? As he looked up, a voice filled the room. A voice he knew.

"Ah. Mr Crane, how nice of you to awaken. How was your sleep?" The calm voice spoke as Jonathan's eyelids opened. The black blur of his sleep fading away. The sound of loud footsteps echoed behind him and distant screams of what Jonathan assumed to be other inmates. Jonathan tried tilting his head to meet the Doctor's eyes but when he tried he felt his head forced back to the slab he was forced to lay upon."Wha-" Jonathan mumbled as he tried moving his hands and legs at once, the sound of a smooth icy laugh slid through to his ears as he did so.
"Where am I?" Jonathan asked, his heart beginning to beat against his chest hardly.
"Do you not remember? You're an inmate at my Asylum" The Doctor spoke, chuckling to himself as he watched the boy attempt to shake free.
"Unstrap me," Jonathan said plainly, though there was a clear sense of fear in his voice.
"I'm afraid I cannot do that. You may act out upon receiving your treatment" The Doctor smiled widely as he approached Jonathan's side looking down upon him. Jonathan began to shake once more as a large needle came into view. The needles edge dripping with a green liquid that scared him more than he liked to admit.

"Or you could answer a few questions for me" The Doctor spoke
"What questions?" Jonathan asked attempting to push his body further away from the Doctor.
"Firstly," The Doctor spoke, licking his top lip before continuing "You were pointed out to me by a possible, let's call him an investor. How do you know Oswald Cobblepot?" The Doctor pulled a pen from his coat and readied himself for notes.
"I don't" Jonathan answered truthfully, "I've never met him, I have only heard of him through his reputation" Jonathan continued seeing the Doctor look down upon him with a sly snarl.
"Now now, we mustn't lie, Jonathan." The Doctor sighed, looping his fingers close to his chin giving Jonathan a stare that reminded him of his father's when he knew Jonathan was lying to him.
"I- I'm not" Jonathan almost spat, the rusty straps holding him down beginning to hurt as he felt his veins pulse.

"Very well" The Doctor walked over to what looked like a small desk, he couldn't see what laid upon it but above it hanged a blood-covered knife, the edges dented with... teeth marks Jonathan thought. Next to the knife hanged a tool Jonathan wasn't familiar with, the tips of it pointed into two sections, one sharp with a thick cream goo formed around the tip whilst the other side was cleaner around the sides but tipped with blood and fragments of white crust. The Doctor hummed to himself as he picked up something from the desk and began to walk back over.

"Since you neglected to tell the truth on my previous question, I thought that we may need to increase your treatment. What do you think?" The Doctor asked, bringing a small white pill no larger than a cookie chip over the boy's mouth. Jonathan kept his mouth closed feeling the Doctor's nefarious hand rub against his lip attempting to push the pill in.
"Come on now Jonathan, take your medication. I can't assure you that it won't kill you in the process, however." The man laughed.

When Jonathan shook his head he felt a large hand pull at the strands of his hair forcing his mouth open as Jonathan screamed. The Doctor took the moment to stuff the pill into the boy's mouth, pushing it as far back as he could reach. When he felt Jonathan beginning to gag, he quickly forced the boy's mouth shut so that Jonathan's only option was to swallow the pill.
"Now that wasn't too hard, was it Ms Peabody?" The Doctor spoke to a woman above Jonathan's head. Jonathan's eyes began to close forcefully. The hatches of the straps opened, but he couldn't run... He could only sleep.

That was until he felt as if his body was lashed at with a thousand whips. The boy let out a scream as his eyes shot open to see the Doctor pulling back with the rusty knife from earlier.
"What are you doing? Get off me!" Jonathan yelled. His voice felt dry, so dry. The creakiness of his voice causing the Doctor to smile.
"Ah, I see my pill is working then. Within a couple of hours, you will die of dehydration, unless you answer my questions if you do I will help you and return you to your cell fixed"