036

Chapter thirty six
Jimmie Nicol
June 11th 1964
Lucy's POV:
Ringo sighed deeply as he watched the tv, a frown appearing on his face. The Beatles were performing without him. It took George a lot of convincing to do go on tour without Ringo. But he did. George didn't look very happy on stage as they performed. I sat down next to Ringo and said "you'll be back with them soon." He nodded and said "I know." He had his surgery a few days back and still struggled to talk. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. "You need anything?" I asked him. He shook his head and said "no. I'm ok." The girls screamed with excitement as Paul and John sung. A scowl appeared on Ringo's face and he said "what if they don't take me back? What if Jimmie is better than me?" I looked at him and said "that would never happen. George would leave the band." They finished a song and began singing a different one. "He's better than me." I shook my head and said "he is not. He's a nice guy but he's not you. He's not Ringo Starr." Ringo nodded and stood up to switch the channel, done with watching the boys without him. They were showing A Hard Day's Night on the tv. I had only seen it once, when it premiered. The boys spent a few months filming it last year and weren't allowed to talk about it to us. It was the scene where Ringo asks if he snores. John immediately says he's a window rattler and Paul says it's because of his big nose. Ringo rolled his eyes with a scoff. "Do I snore?" He asked me. I shook my head and said "only a little. They're over exaggerating." Ringo leaned his head on my shoulder and sighed. "Ah, come off it, it's only a joke!" Paul said from the tv. "Aye, it may be a joke to you, but it's his nose. He can't help having a hideous great hooter. And his poor little head, trembling under the weight of it." Paul's grandfather said. "Those jokes are so annoying." Ringo mumbled. "Ignore them, Ringo." I said. He stood up again and changed the channel. It was a comedy show and it seemed to put Ringo in a better mood. I left the couch and went to go make some tea. Ringo was thinking of moving out of the apartment we had and into a house. Patricia and George owned one since they had their baby. John did as well. Paul still lived in a flat. Now would be the perfect time to move since Ringo wasn't on tour with the boys and we could just call Brian and tell him we'd be moving. We'd have everything ready and then Ringo could go back on tour. Ringo and I had only been married a couple of months but it felt longer than that. I guess cause I met him a few years back and we'd been in a relationship for so long. I finished making the tea and went back into the living room with Ringo. I handed him a cup and held mine, staring at the ground as thoughts flooded my head. I had been doing that a lot lately. Just zoning out and thinking about certain things. "Whatcha thinking about?" Ringo asked. I looked over at him and said "nothing. Just everything that's been going on." He nodded and said "like?" "Us moving. I think now would be the best time. Cause once you go back with the boys, we won't have time. We can just call Brian and tell him." I said. Ringo sipped his tea and said "that makes sense. You sure you want to move?" I nodded and said "we have to if we want to have kids. There's not much room for kids here." "Are you pregnant?" He said. I shook my head and said "I don't think so. I need to go to the doctor and check. We've been at it a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if I was." "Have you been feeling any different?" Ringo set his cup of tea down and scooted closer to me. I shrugged and said "no. Not really. But I'm late." "Does that mean you're pregnant?" "Usually. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow to check. You could look for houses tomorrow." I said. Ringo nodded and said "I'll do that." I took a sip of my tea and then went into the bedroom. I heard footsteps behind me and Ringo said "where you going?" I sat down on our shared bed and said "I'm tired. Lay with me." Ringo nodded and said "let me turn off the tv." He left the room and turned the tv off and came back. He kissed the top of my head and said "don't stress." I nodded and said "I won't." "You have me and there's no need to stress." I smiled at him and he sat down next to me. "We'll get everything sorted out tomorrow."

This chapter sucks but I needed to update. I'm trying to write so many fillers and get to the good stuff🙃
~Skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️