035

Chapter thirty five
"Tonsillitis?"
June 3rd 1964
George's POV:
We were all scheduled to do a photo shoot today. John was currently talking with the photographer about the shoot. Paul listened to them and Ringo looked different. He didn't seem as happy and I said "you ok?" He shrugged and said "I have a sore throat. I'm just not feeling well." I patted his shoulder and said "you need to sit down?" Ringo shook his head and said "I'm ok." Paul looked over at me and mouthed "is he ok?" I nodded and the four of us quickly got into the position we were supposed to be in. Ringo was behind me as was John. Paul and I sat in the front. The camera went off a few times and just as the photographer was getting more film for his camera, a thud was heard. "Shit!" John said. I turned around and Ringo laid on the floor. Paul scrambled over the chairs and knelt down in front of him. "Is he ok?" Paul said. I shook Ringo gently and said "Ringo? Hey. Ringo?" "I'm going to go call an ambulance." John quickly said, running to the phone. Paul stared at Ringo in fear and I held him in my lap. Within a few minutes the paramedics got here and rushed Ringo to the hospital. I sighed and Paul said "uh oh." "What?" John said. "We have to call Lucy." I said with realization. The three of us looked at each other and John said "who wants to do it?" I walked over to the phone and picked it up, dialing Lucy's number. "Hello?" Lucy said into the phone. "Hey, Lucy." I said. "George? To what do I owe the pleasure?" Lucy asked. "It's Ringo. He's in the hospital." "What?! Is he ok?!" Lucy practically yelled. Paul's eyes widened and I said "yes. He's ok. I'm just letting you know. I didn't want you to not know. Wanna meet us at the hospital?" "I'll be there soon." Lucy hung up the phone and Paul said "is she ok?" I nodded and John said "well, I'm going to go home. I'll come and see Ringo tomorrow." "Paul, wanna come with me?" I said. He nodded and the two of us began to make our way to the hospital.

Lucy's POV:
I sped to the hospital. It was a little far from Ringo and I's house. I walked into the hospital and went to the counter. A girl a little bit younger than me sat at the counter. "Can I help you?" She asked flatly. "My husband was brought in. Richard Starkey." She began going through files and said "he's in room number 504." "Thank you." I quickly said as I rushed to the elevator. Once I got to the fifth floor I saw Paul. He noticed me and said "hiya." I bit my lip and said "what happened?" "He collapsed. At a photoshoot we were doing. He just fell over. It scared us." "It scared me when I got the call." I replied. Paul hugged me and said "it's going to be ok." A doctor came out of his room and said "are you Richard's wife?" I nodded and he said "your husband has tonsillitis and pharyngitis. He'll have to have his tonsils removed." "Tonsillitis?" Paul said, his eyes slowly widening. "But he's ok?" I said. The doctor nodded and said "he's ok." I watched as the doctor walked into another room and Paul said "why don't you go in and see him? George went to the cafeteria to get some food and to get some stuff for Ringo." I opened the door and stepped into the room, closing the door behind me. Ringo looked up and I smiled at him. "Hey, Luce." He said with a raspy voice. I walked over to his bed and hugged him. Ringo buried his face into the crook of my neck and I said "I was so worried. I was scared that you had been in an accident or something." "I'm ok." He said as I pulled away. "Paul told me you collapsed." "Did I? I woke up and I was here." I frowned and said "oh, Richie." He half smiled and grabbed my hand, kissing it. The door opened and George walked in. "Brought you some cold stuff. To help your throat." Ringo gladly took everything George brought and Paul came in as well. "We still have to go on tour." George said softly. Paul nodded and bit his lip. "What're we going to do?" Paul asked. "A replacement." Brian said as he came into the room. I furrowed my eyebrows and George crossed his arms. Paul looked at Brian and said "are you sure that's a good idea?" "We can't cancel the tour. It's the best thing to do. And when he gets better, he can come on the tour. Wherever we are." Brian said. He walked to Ringo's bed and began breaking the news. I sighed and George said "it'll be ok, Lucy. You can take care of him. He needs you right now." I nodded and said "you're right." George walked over to Ringo and I was trying to process everything that was going on. Paul stepped closer to me and put his arm around me. "Don't be sad. You're the best thing for him right now. Plus, it's going to be a boring tour without him." Paul said. I looked at him and said "you think so?" He nodded and said "it's going to be weird having someone else do his part. The girls are going to lose their minds when Ringo doesn't show up." I chuckled a little and Paul smiled. "Where's John?" "He went home to check on Cynthia and Julian." "Well, I guess you should let him know what's going on." Paul nodded and removed his arm from me. "Bye, Ringo." Paul said as he waved at the older man. Ringo waved while half smiling and Paul looked at me and said "bye, Lucy." "Bye, Paul." He stepped out of the hospital room and George bid his farewell and followed Paul. I sat down next to Ringo's bed and said "I'll stay here with you. For as long as you need." He smiled and said "thanks." "You're not mad about Brian's decision are you?" I said. Ringo shrugged and said "it makes sense. I'm a little disappointed but not mad. I'll miss them while they're on tour." "Well, I'm going to take care of you and make sure you have everything you need." Ringo smiled really big and said "I love you." "I love you too."

Here's the update! The end sucks🙃
~Skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️