~Science~ Marcus x Scientist! Reader

(Requested By: homesick_invader)

You hummed as you helped your friend Baird with some new inventions he was making. You were already aware that he was one of the members of Delta squad and always supplied the team with neat and useful machines. He simply asked you kindly to help him when you were rescued in am mission.

You were captured by the locust horde, surprisingly you only grew fascinated with them. How did these creatures come to be? Why were they here and what did they want? All so many questions you just had to answer as a scientist.

When you were rescued you had gotten to know Delta squad. It consisted all of men and they seemed to work together quite well. Their names you soon figured out were Cole, Dom, Baird, and one that you were curious of named Marcus.

According to Baird, his full name was Marcus Michael Fenix. You have heard of his father, Adam Fenix. A fellow scientist who supposedly died years ago. After sometime after you were saved, you decided to try and make an offer with Baird to help him with new machines to help out the squad.

Baird seemed to appreciate you enthusiasm with trying to help the team and agreed. And now ever since you have always tried to help Delta squad.

Admittedly you appreciated when Delta squad would arrive from time to time to check on machines and chat with you. Of course, you became really close to Marcus Fenix, the leader of the crew.

You guys would always talk with each other, even negotiating new strategies to aid in the on going war against the large locust hordes. You had even suggested that cameras should be installed on the team, or at least trackers and radars. Baird agreed with radars along with Marcus just so you could see where enemies and allies were.

It has been months since you have met Marcus and the crew. You had grown close to him and had...wished you could have a relationship after the war. But you pushed those thoughts to the back of your mind.

They got in the way of your work, and he was just a soldier. He would die anyways. He doesn't even like you that way.

Although, maybe you were wrong. Maybe he did in fact feel that way with you. Maybe...You had a chance. Hah... Bull.

You chuckle to yourself at you work self at the silly thought as you continued to work. Baird looked over at you, seeming confused.

"And what's so funny, girly?" he teased in a friendly tone as you bump him slightly with your elbow.

"Nothing you need to know, knight in shining armor." you teased as he laughed.

"You thinking of him again?" Baird smirked as you groan. It seems you show your attraction too much for him to not pick up on.

"Probably. It does not matter. I am much too busy in this damn war to have a relationship. Nevertheless a soldier. I heard you were going on another mission with them?" you brushed off Baird's question, countering it with one of your own.

"Yeah..." Baird sighs, already looking tired. "Damn bug bastards don't stop coming. I can only pray you will take care of the lab while i'm gone?" Baird asked as you gave a curt nod.

"'Course I can. It's still my job." you laugh as you go back to what you were doing, admittedly still day dreaming of that one soldier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You sat at the desk, waiting for the gang to come to the lab. They should be done with the mission and arriving back soon. You blankly stare at the blueprints in front of you as you tap your writing utensil on the desk.

You were trying to create a new invention, maybe some augments on their armor? It just doesn't seem safe enough, COG helmets can still be head shot through pretty easily. You flinch slightly as you heard the lab door open, Baird and the rest coming in.

Your bored eyes immediately flicked to Marcus, lighting up with hidden happiness as the man if your dreams arrived. You stood up from your desk as you approached Delta squad.

"Hello again, everyone. How did the mission go?" You asked kindly, trying to ease their stressed moods.

"Went fine enough." Dom replied, shaking your hand. You smile at them all as you back up. You felt slight confusion when you saw Marcus step up.

"(Y/N), may I talk to you some where private?" The battle hardened soldier asked as your checks flare.

"A-ah. Of course. There is a room back here." you gesture to the back of the room as you start heading there yourself, Marcus following you closely.

You opened the door. It was a room you usually go to when you have to stay over night at the lab. Happens quite often, actually. You might as well live here.

"Okay, (Y/N)." Marcus cleared his throat, turning to you. He was evidently taller than you. "I wanted to ask you something. For a long while actually."

"And that is?" you inquired, watching him closely. You gasped as he pulled you in, wrapping his arms around you.

"I want to settle down with you when this ends...how about you?" he asks, stoic as usual.

"I...would like that, actually."