𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

Millie's POV~
I tried to open my eyes but I immediately regretted it, I turned my head to the side and opened one eye slowly.

"Please, God... you know she doesn't deserve any of this... I should've been there, I knew what her parents were like. I don't know why I didn't do anything. Just... don't let her... go..." A familiar male voice said. I felt my hand get squeezed, sending electric shocks up and down my arm.

I forced myself to open my other eye, finally being able to see the person. "Uncle David?" I mumbled. His eyes shot to me, looking relieved.

"Millie." He gasped, sitting up and setting his hand on my cheek. "Are you okay?" He asked, pulling his chair closer to me.

"Arms are... tingly..." I mumbled, feeling a little tired and out of breath.

"Want me to get a doctor?"

"No." I shook my head. "Is Noah... or... Finn here?"

"Yeah, they're here, but three more people are here too." He furrowed his eyebrows a little bit.

'Three more people? Who?'

"Can they come in?" I asked. He nodded and stood up.

"I'll go get them." He said before leaving the room. I glanced down at my arms, they're wrapped in white gauze. There are IV's in my hand. And I just noticed that there are tubes in my nose. Now that I know it's there, it's kind of bothering me.

I clutched the tubes, about to pull them out, but I was quickly broken out of my thoughts as the door was shoved open, I jumped from the sudden loud noise and looked over, seeing Noah and Finn.

Noah rushed to my side and gave me a hug. "You scared the shit out of me, Millie." He mumbled into my neck.

"Sorry..." I mumbled into his shirt.

"I'm glad you're okay." Noah said as he sat back up.

"Me too." I half-smiled. "David said there are three more people here. Who?" I asked.

"Oh, Sadie, Caleb, and Gaten are here." Noah answered. I nodded. "I'll go get them."

"I can get them." Finn piped up.

"I got it." Noah said then gave him a weird look and rushed out of the room, leaving Finn and I alone.

It was quiet for a about thirty seconds till he broke the silence. "I'm glad you're feeling better." He said, forcing a smile.

"You promised me that I would be okay." I felt tears sting my eyes. He saw this and went to sit in the chair beside me.

"Yeah, I guess, I did." He smiled at me.

I gazed down my hand and opened it up, signaling for him to hold it. He looked down then back up at me. I nodded and felt him slip his hand into mine.

"I'm sorry... for, you know... everything." He said, giving my hand a little squeeze.

"Why did you do it?" I inquired, really wanting to know the answer. He sighed and looked down at his feet. "Finn?"

"I don't know..." He sighed. "I was just being an ass." He held my one hand with both of his.

"Who dared you?" I scrunched up my eyebrows.

"...Caleb." He answered.

"Your friend?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm just... really sorry, Millie." He looked at me, his eyes looking a little glassed over, and I found my eyes stinging with tears also.