𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 : 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Finn's POV~
"No, David, I'm at Finn's house." Millie said into the phone. "I'm not gonna go back back there." She shook her head fast.

I did a little spin on the stool I was sitting on as I waited for her to finish talking. "Thank you." She sighed.

I bit my lip as I hopped off the stool and grabbed the Froot Loops cereal off the top of the fridge and then set it on the kitchen island. I turned around and nearly knocked into Millie as I reached for a bowl in the cupboard.

"Can I stay here? By Finn? Just for a little while?" Millie asked, leaning back so I would be able to grab the bowl. She opened the drawer and grabbed two spoons so I assumed that she wanted some cereal too, so I grabbed another bowl.

"Thank you. Can you pick me up at eight?" She asked, watching me pour the cereal in the bowls. "Okay, cool. I'll see you then. Mbye." She hung up and put her phone back in her pocket. "You afraid you're gonna run out? Pour me a real bowl." She told me and I laughed, pouring more cereal in her bowl.

"Is that better, Froot Loops?" I asked, making her laugh.

"Better name than Millie." She giggled. I felt the corners of my mouth twitch up into a smile as I watched her take eat the bowl of cereal.

"Hey, Millie?" I asked, rubbing my bottom lip.

"I prefer Froot Loops, but continue." She looked at me, chewing.

I pursed my lips and grabbed her spoon, putting it back in the bowl, then picked her up, pulling her flush against my chest. I leaned down, resting my head in the crook of her neck as I hugged her tight. "Oh—." She cut herself off, slowly sliding her arms around my shoulders. "Finn?" She asked, hugging back.

"Just wait a second." I mumbled, closing my eyes and inhaling slowly.

"Okay..." She replied, dropping her head onto my shoulder as she I felt her slid her hand up to my head.

I exhaled a shaky breath, nuzzling my head more into her neck, then gripped her shirt tightly. I felt my throat tighten as I tried to swallow, and my eyes sting. I clenched my jaw and tried to control my breathing, but I couldn't.

"Finn? Are you okay?" Millie asked, starting to pull away but I wouldn't let her go. I sucked in a fast breath and shook my head back and forth. "What's wrong?" She tried pull away to look at me again, and still I wouldn't let her.

I slid my hand up her back and the other one further around her waist. "Finn—." She gasped.

I moved my right hand under her hoodie, wanting to just feel her skin, her warmth. "What are you d—?"

"Wait." I cut her off.

I think I pushed too hard on a certain spot because she gasped and jerked her body.

"Stop, stop, that hurts." She sighed. I quickly moved my hand.

"What'd I do?" I asked, concerned. She rubbed her back and shook her head.

"Nothing. Nothing." She told me, but I didn't believe her.

I turned her body around and pulled her hoodie up, immediately seeing a bunch of purple and green bruises.

It felt like I got the wind knocked out of me.

"Holy shit, Millie." I said, looking up at her face, but she couldn't meet my gaze. "This is from your dad?!" I shouted.

"Finn, calm down. It was a while ago—."

"A while ago?! How does that make it better?!"

"It doesn't, but—."