f i v e

"hey, syerra, why are you still here?" calum asked me with a confused look on his face.

"zach left without me," i replied, with a tone that let calum know i was pissed.

"what a dick. i can give you a ride if you'd like?"

"are you sure?" i can only imagine how awkward this car ride would be.

"yeah! i'm not sure how well my driving is here, though, because of the whole steering wheel situation. but hey it's better than having to walk, right?" calum said with a giggle.

i swear that little giggle he did is what made me take him up on his offer.

i nodded, and followed him to his car. calum opened the passenger door for me, and i got in.

calum looks like one of those douchey jocks that walk around the school like they run the place, but he's literally the sweetest guy i've met in a long time.

-

as we exited the school parking lot, calum turned on the radio. he switched to his cd, and i would've never thought calum was into this kind of music. it was a blink cd; and blink is one of of my favorite bands. maybe we have things in common.

-

the car ride wasn't as awkward as i thought it'd be, and calum only went over a couple of curbs.

when he pulled into my driveway, he turned off the car. a little confused, i sat there as he got out and made his way to my door. once again, he opened the door for me. i accepted his gesture with a smile, and walked to my door. i turned around to wave bye to calum, thinking he was getting back in his car, but he had followed me to the door.

"thanks for the ride home, calum. you didn't have to do that," i said, still wondering why he followed me to my front door.

"it's no problem at all. if you ever need a ride, just ask." he said with a smile.

i said thanks and turned to open the door. as i went to turn the nob, calum grabbed my hand.

"wait, syerra?"

"yeah?"

he started to lean in for a kiss. my heart was fucking pounding; he could probably feel it in my hand. what do i do.

as soon as our lips were about to meet, my brother opened the door.

"thanks again for the ride, i'll see you at school," i said real fast, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

calum replied with a quick "yep", got in his car, and drove off.

"ride, huh?" my brother said with a smirk.

"shut up, shit face," i said, probably a bit too harshly, and walked inside. i ran upstairs to my room without saying a word.

when i got to my room, i closed the door behind me and laid in my bed. i didn't realize how long i had been laying there until my dad yelled up to me for dinner.

i had laid in my bed for almost 4 hours. just thinking. about calum, about the almost kiss. and about zach. why was he being so rude today?

-

after dinner, i went back to my bed. this time, falling asleep.

---------------------------------------------

idk if y'all have noticed but the bolded phrases are like syerra's thoughts. and there isn't a way to make the italicized words not bold, so those aren't thoughts ok. ((and if i do texting in later chapters, then i'll make their names bolded)) and sorry if this sucks, it's after midnight on a school night so i'm so sleep.