t e n

i heard another deep voice, besides calum's, coming from downstairs. i looked out my window. zach's car is out front. oh lord.

i run downstairs as fast as i can. both boys turn to look at me. zach's face is angry, but there was something about his eyes i can't describe; an emotion behind them.

"hey zach, did you need something?" i asked trying to not sound rude. he could've at least texted me. i mean its been weeks since we've had a real conversation, and that upsets me.

"no, i was just leaving," he says harshly as he walks out the door.

"stay in here while i talk to him please," i say to calum before walking outside, shutting the door behind me.

i run the short distance to reach zach, and pull his arm to turn him around.

"what's wrong? we've barely spoken two words to each other in weeks. i miss my best friend, zach," i say with tears forming in my eyes.

"well it looks like you've got a new best friend now. you're hanging out with him a lot.... he says you guys are getting close. i want my best friend back, syerra," he says turning to his car.

"this is the second time we've hung out. and yeah, we are getting close. but that's because he's the only one that's actually been talking to me recently. i don't see what your problem is with him. wow, i made another friend. big deal. you aren't this why with trace? so please, tell me what's so bad about calum," a tear escapes and rolls down my cheek.

zach wipes my tear with his thumb, looks down, and says, "i'm sorry, syerra. i just feel like i'm being replaced. we've been best friends for as long as i can remember, and i love you. i miss the attention, i guess."

"i love you too, and i could never replace you. just please stop being short with me. text me okay?"

"okay," he hugs me, and heads back home.

i go back inside. i guess calum could tell i was crying because he gave me the tightest hug. his arms devoured my body, and his warmth made me forget the argument moments before.

"come on, let's go upstairs and watch a movie," he suggested. and with that we headed back to my room.

---------------------------------------------

this is short and stupid. sorry.