n i n e

a couple weeks have gone by, and zach and i have barely spoken. calum somehow got my number and we've been texting each other. we're becoming closer, and we've talked about dating. nothing's really happened yet, though. because zach hasn't been really talking to me lately, he doesn't know about calum and me yet. i don't know how or when to tell him, but i think i'll just wait until he actually shows an effort that he wants to talk to me.

-

we're on christmas break. just four more days until christmas, and i wish i was more excited. the whole zach things just kind of upsets me.

my phone buzzed.

"cal👅👅
iMessage"

cal👅

hey babe

syerra ;)

hey cal :)

cal👅

are you doing anything today?

syerra ;)

no, why?

cal👅

i was thinking we could go do something :)

syerra ;)

idk cal. i'm not really feeling up to going out today :/

cal👅

well how about i come over and we can just chill inside?

syerra ;)

i'd like that :)

cal👅

be there in a few babe

-

my parents had work today, so it'd just be me and calum.

i had been laying in bed all day, so i was still in my pajama shorts and a big band shirt. the only makeup i had on was what was left of yesterday's. i didn't really care how calum saw me, but i decided to put on a thin layer of bb cream and a coat of mascara.

a couple minutes later, the doorbell rang.

i ran downstairs to open the door for calum, but it wasn't calum. it was a pizza delivery guy holding two pizzas and two liter bottle of sierra mist. i didn't order pizza wtf. the next thing i knew, calum pulled into my driveway. he quickly got out of his car, ran to the door, and paid the delivery guy. he pulled me into the house, and closed the door behind him. calum ran upstairs with the pizza boxes and the bottle of soda.

"calum, slow down!" i yelled after him.

i reached my room, and calum had a blanket spread out on the floor with the boxes of pizza and soda on it.

"i thought we could use some food," calum said with his usual smirk.

i just smiled and sat across from him on the blanket.

"i ordered you a sausage pizza because i know it's your favorite," he smiled with a slight pinkness to his face.

i leaned over the boxes and kissed his cheek. calum looked down at his crossed legs with a smile.

"let's eat," i said to break the silence.

after i ate half of my box, i was getting full. calum had only one slice left in his box. when he went to reach for it, i stopped him. i made him try my pizza because he's never had sausage pizza before. he ate two more slices, so i guess he liked it.

we cleaned up the mess on the floor, then made our way to sit on my bed with the bottle of sierra mist. calum was looking down at the bottle and giggling.

"what's so funny?"

"i thought it'd be clever to get sierra mist because your name is syerra"

"you're an idiot," i said shaking my head.

we hadn't even opened it, but he set the bottle on the floor. he leaned his head on my shoulder and sighed.

"what's wrong?" i asked.

"nothing, i -"

he was interrupted by the doorbell. he jumped out of the bed and headed out the door.

"i'll get it!" he yelled as he was already halfway down the stairs.

---------------------------------------------

cliff hanger oops