e l e v e n

trying to decide what to watch was tough. i really wanted to watch one of the twilight movies. i know that's weird because most people don't really like them, it's just i have this thing for werewolves. i don't really know why. calum was leaning more towards the anchorman, but i argued against it. i had seen that movie about 12 times because, whenever my parents would fight, my brother would want to watch it to forget about what was going on.

calum's choices were either funny or scary, both which i didn't typically like. but we decided on a scary movie, annabelle. i was supposed to go see it with zach when it first came out, but his parents planned a surprise trip to michigan to go visit family that weekend.

i had heard that annabelle was supposed to be really scary, so i was nervous calum might hear me squeal.

in all honesty, i thought the movie was quite dumb and not scary at all. but that's not what i let calum think. during parts that were supposed to be "scary," i'd dig my head into his shoulder, causing him to wrap his arms around my body, basically engulfing me with his big frame. although i didn't think it was scary, i'm pretty sure calum though it was; i'd feel him jump at the loud noises. calum may look all tough and hardcore, but he's actually the biggest puppy. i find it to be so adorable.

after the movie ended, we stayed in the position we were in. it wasn't for another 10 minutes when we finally got up. if it wasn't for my stomach growling, we'd still be cuddled on my bed.

"sounds like someone's hungry," calum said, grabbing my hand, and pulling me to my feet.

"we don't have any food though," i said as we headed down the stairs.

"then i guess we're going out," he said, picking me up, throwing me over his shoulders, and taking me to his car.

he returned my feet to the ground right as we reached the passenger side. he opened the door for me as per usual.

"cal, i'm not dressed to go out," i protested as we headed out of my driveway.

"trust me, you look fine. we're just going to maccas anyways."

"what the fuck is maccas?" i asked, confused because i've never heard of it.

"oh yeah, sorry. you guys call it mcdonald's." calum said with a slight giggle that made me smile.

after what felt like 2 minutes, we arrived at mcdonald's. calum pulled into a parking spot that was right against the building. after i got out of the car, he closed my door and did the "after you" motion you see guys do in the old timey romance movies. he jogged to the side door of mcdonald's, and opened the door for me. when we got inside, he held his arm out. i looked at him confused, and he told me to link arms with him. i think i finally caught on to what he was doing.

"you're such an idiot," i teased calum.

calum pouted and looked to his feet. my only response was to back hand his stomach, but just as hard enough to get a whimper and a laugh out of him.

it was our turn to order, and calum knew what i always got from mcdonald's. he ordered two mcchickens, two mcdoubles, and two chocolate milkshakes, which he threw in as a surprise.

"hey syerra, i'm gonna use the little boys room. calum said with a little dance. "can you get our food and grab us a table? i'll come find you when i'm done."

i laughed and nodded.

the lady called out our order number and i grabbed the tray with our food. i turned to the tables, and went to look for one for cal and me.

as i was walking, i was looking down to make sure we got all of our food. i looked up, and stared in shock at what i saw. zach. but not just zach. zach and a girl.