No Means No Chapter 11

May look's behind us "where is Lizzy and Dominic?" she asks 

"They pulled over as they couldn't wait to get back to the house" I tell her.  

She shakes her head and we follow her into her office "Phoenix I've had a call from the Beta of your pack back in England. Seems the alpha isn't doing so well and he wondered if you could go and help out?" she tells us. 

"How the hell does he know about me?" I ask 

"Seems your Mum told him that her nephew who was an alpha had left his pack and was travelling around.  To see if there was a pack out there, that he could run" she explains. 

"My mother always comes up with an answer.  What's wrong with the alpha?" I ask.  

May clears her throat. "Seems like after losing his mate, he isn't doing to well" she answers. 

"So, he was able to find a mate too. What happened to his mate?" I ask 

I give Orion's hand a squeeze that I'm holding in my lap to let him know I'm alright and to reassure him. 

"Well, it would seem that after he felt his mate die.  He realised that he wanted him, only it was too late by then" she trails off. 

"He refused another poor bugger?" I ask shocked.   

May glance's at Orion and then back to me. Orion squeezes my hand and turn's slightly towards me.

"No Phoe, she means you, the old you" he says.  

I snort and then stop when I realise, they're not joking. 

"It's not my fault, he's having a hard time?" I say a defensively. 

"Of course it's not. I'm not bothered by him at all, I'm worried about the pack" May tells me.

"What's going to happen if I go back?" I ask not sure if I want to go back. 

"If you fit in with the beta and the pack.  Then you will become the new alpha" she explains 

"It would have been yours if your Dad had been alive" she adds. 

"I don't know if I'm ready to run a pack?" I say I look at Ri. 

"You are Phoe, more than ready" he assures me. 

"Think about it?" May says standing. 

"I'll let you tell Daisy after you've made a decision" I nod and we leave her office.

The last two weeks I've been going from one emotion to the other.  On one hand it will be great to see my Mum and brother again.  On the other, am I ready to step in as alpha and see all the people that tried to keep me down. 

Orion has been a rock beside me.  I told Daisy and she is now, like me going from one emotion to the other. 

 "Phoenix come take a walk with me" May says as she comes into the kitchen and finds me sitting at the kitchen counter doing nothing but staring into space.  I get up and we head to the back of the house and the woods beyond the garden. 

"So, what are you not sure of?" she asks gets straight to the point.

"I think it will be great to see my Mum and Brother again but that also means, I'll see all the other little shit's that kept me down" I tell her. 

"You're not Dan, Danny or Daniel any more, but Phoenix kick ass alpha that can rip or snap someone's neck if your pack needs you too" May reminds me. 

"You came here as an average guy and the moment the alpha gene changed you.  You have continued to surprise me.  Your strength and magic running through your veins, is of a higher level than mine Phoenix" she adds.