Chapter Five: We Remember Nothing {Day Three}

Everyone was silent as we met up for the day shift, the loss of Pixel was finally hitting home. That's one of my friends that I'll never see again, all because of this place. At least he wasn't turned into an animatronic, that would've been even worse. His death wasn't exactly pretty though, all I seem to remember is... blood. Blood everywhere and his scream as the animatronic grabbed him. I can't imagine the pain he must've felt, it must've be excruciating.

"Come on guys we better clock in for the day shift." Skippy says sadly as she walks out of the changing rooms. Everyone follows suit and we check the job board to see who was with who today. I was with Skippy today so that was pretty good. Where Pixels name should've been it was now the messy scribblings of a red pen. I sigh and shake my head as me and Skippy take our place in the Main Hall, our job was to look after the animatronics and the kids. Sounds fantastic.

"I know we're distracted by what happened last night but shouldn't we see the brighter side of this?" Skippy says as I sit up on the side of the stage. She jumps up next to me and I shrug my shoulder, "What's the brighter side of this? Our friend was killed and there's an apparent bright side? Please tell me what it is, I'd love to know." I ask.

"At least he doesn't have to go through this anymore." She replies quietly, "There's only two more nights after this so we just have to stay positive. We need to do this for ourselves, we need to do this for Pixel."

"I guess you're right. But how can you stay so positive through this?" I question, "I don't know I guess I just don't want anyone to be sad right now. I want to help them be happy instead of sad, this is the last place you want to be sad in if I'm honest." Skippy answers with a small smile on her lips. I manage to smile back as I hear the hall doors open followed by the voices of adults and children alike.

"I guess we better get ready for today yeah? We can't let ourselves get distracted anymore, I'm not getting shocked again. I mean literally I actually got shocked." I say laughing. Skippy looks at me in horror, "Shocked? What do you mean?"

"I guess our uniforms are fitted with a shocking tool because yesterday when I was working with Olivia, I got shocked for slacking off. I guess these uniforms hold more than a terrible design."

"I dunno, I actually kind of like the design. It looks cool." Skippy shrugs as she jumps down from the stage, "I'm gonna go check on these guys so can you keep an eye on the animatronics?" I nod my head and she walks off to the back of the room, talking and interacting with a few of the children. I push myself backwards and stand up as I walk around to the back of the stage to look for the animatronics. I find one of them and try to find the others but it seems as if they had up and left.

"Back again hmm?" The chicken animatronic asks out of the blue, "Usually people do not stay for very long here. I'm not sure what happens to them but people think that it is our fault."

"You mean you don't remember anything?" I ask quietly as I look into the chickens human like eyes. It shakes its head slowly, "I do not understand what you mean by that. All I remember is powering down for the night as we usually do. Then it's just black from there on out."

Strange, I think to myself, they don't remember anything from the night? Does that mean that something- or someone- is controlling them and forcing them to do these things? No it can't be!

"Anyway I had best leave you now, I need to find the rest of my band. I'm not sure where they are though..." The chicken mutters, "Oh also in case you weren't informed my name is Chica. Pleased to meet you..." Chica looks closely at my name tag and then stands upright, "Rachel."

"It's uh a pleasure to meet you too." I say as Chica starts walking away, "It won't be the last time we meet though." I sigh. I guess I could just go and help Skippy, it looks like there's not much left for me to do here. I take one step forward before hearing someone shout from the next room. I hurriedly make my way to the room and push the door open to see Bonnie with dried blood on his hands, he was staring at himself in the mirror and his mouth was wide open from shock.

"W-Why is there blood on me? What h-happened?" He asks as if he was a small child, his robotic voice shuddering and jittering. He must've killed Pixel last night, it must be. "Tell me what happened!"

"I don't know." I lie as I keep my distance from Bonnie, "I really don't." I feel bad for lying but what would happen if I was to tell him the truth? Would he remember everything from last night and would his kill mode kick in? Would he attack me? All these questions and more circle around my mind as Bonnie turns its head to one of the spare suit heads that was laying on its back on the floor. He slowly picks it up and stares at it for a while before speaking, "There's blood on this too..."

"Bonnie, you need to go on now. I wish I could help you out here but I can't. I'm sorry." Bonnie clicks its head around to me and lets out a quiet growl. I gulp and step away from the door as he clunks out of the room but as he walks away from me, I realise that he still has blood on his paws. I can't let anyone see that! I run after Bonnie and stop him before he reaches the stage, I hand him a pair of gloves that I had picked up earlier and put them on his paws. "Just in case anyone saw the... blood, you know?"

He nods his head and pats my head then walks off to the stage. I never though that a murderous animatronic would pat me on my head. That's a first. I hear music start up and children cheering, I guess Chica found the rest of the band. I walk around aimlessly for a while before thinking about something. If Bonnie killed first then who's going to kill next? We came so close to death last night but it turned six am just in time. Leon sure can run fast, I wonder if he'll be next. I really shouldn't think like this... it's not good for me. Ian's yet to explain what he said to me and Olivia last night though and it's not like I can find him here because for some reason, he just isn't here in the day shift. Maybe the manager would know? He must have a track record of all the employees. But should I be prying into people's business like this? Probably not but I need some answers, I need to know if I can trust this guy or not. I eventually find the managers office and I knock on the door three times before hearing a voice from behind the door, "Come in." I slowly open the door and walk up to his desk remaining silent until he had turned around in his seat.

"This might be a strange request but do you have the employee files? I need to know something." I ask and then take a deep breath, "I need to know about one called Ian."

"Last name?" He asks me and I remain silent. I didn't even know this guys last name, it wasn't exactly my fault though. He never bothered to tell me.

"I don't know." I reply while sighing.

Scott looks at me for a few seconds before turning around to his filing cabinet, scrolling through each file before closing the drawer. "I'm sorry but I don't have anything under that name. I'm not sure where you got that name from but it doesn't exist, nor does he. If that's all you need then--"

"No wait! I need to know something else!" I stop him from turning his back on me and I continue, "Why can't the animatronics remember anything from the night shift?"

"After what happened last night we figured we had to do something about their memories. We replaced those files with another and therefore deleting all memory of ever being active at night. They weren't supposed to act like the way they do now but I suppose erasing those files messed up their programming and now the only thing on their minds at night is death. Now is that all?"

I nod my head and walk back out of his office, closing the door behind me. So basically this guy doesn't exist but he does? Only at night though... his watch is frozen at five am and nobody else has noticed this? I sit down against the wall and bang my head against it, "I'm so confused and tired."

{wow I really love you guys I'm giving you a double update! Basically I'm tired right now and I stayed up all night pre writing a few chapters because I don't sleep. unf. remember to like the death, comment the death and subscribe if you want to see more death like this see ya}