ten

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
RESONANCE
HOME
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter ten! ]

"uh- what?" jane says with awkward laugh as she leans back even further on the wall.

"you heard me. why has mike wheeler stayed in my god damn home!" hopper shouts as he aggressively picks up a bag.

mike's bag.

shit.

jane stares at the man blankly as he waits for an answer, however jane's mind was racing. what was she going to say? he knew the truth and she couldn't lie. friends don't lie.

"i-i can explain-"

"karen called me whilst i was at work." hopper mumbles angrily as he throws the bag onto the floor and begins to walk over to jane. "asking me if it was okay that mike stayed over last night"

"listen- it wasn't planned- and nothing happened between us! and i didn't tell him anything-" jane stutters as she worriedly looks at the much taller man stood in front of her.

"i don't care jane. you know the rules! yet you continue to break them! why?!" hopper yells as he rubs his forehead in frustration.

"because it's tiring! i feel like i'm trapped! i have no freedom, none!"

"freedom? of course you have god damn freedom jane! but the rules are there for your safety!"

"i don't care about being safe anymore dad! all i want is for you to let me have more of a choice in what i do! stop treating me like a child, okay?! i can protect myself!"

silence.

the two stare blankly at each other for a few seconds, running out of words to shout at each other.

hopper sighs before walking out of the kitchen lazily, planting himself on the sofa with a can of beer in his hand.

jane scoffs as she stries into her room, slamming the door shut with a small head movement.

  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

mike wheeler sat on his bedroom floor, surrounded by the four other party members as he patiently waits for jane to pick up the phone.

"come on jane, pick up" mike mutters under his breath as he leans back on the side of his bed.

"she's not going to pick up mike, you've called her 11 times now" lucas groans and he dramatically throws himself on mikes bed.

"shut it" mike snaps as he hears a small voice from the other end of the phone. "jane? are you there?"

"m-mike, i can't talk right now"

mike stayed silent for a few seconds. her voice was small and weak. she sounded hurt.

"jane? what's happened to you?" mike asks, panic noticeable in his voice as he walks out of the room for some privacy, stretching the phone cable as long as possible.

"nothing mike. i just c-can't talk to you right now." jane whispers, her voice slightly croaky. it sounded as if she had been crying.