seven

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
OUTRO
M83
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter seven! ]

as soon as mike closed the front door behind him, jane immediately turns to hopper, feeling anger boiling up inside of her.

"why did you do that?!" jane shouts angrily at the much taller man stood in front of her.

"don't try and make me feel bad kid, you know the damn rules! no one comes into this cabin except you and i, especially not some random boy you're now suddenly so interested in!" hopper yells back, slamming his hand on the table in frustration.

"are you trying to punish me?! i am finally beginning to make friends and you're ruining it for me!" jane screams, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"i am trying to protect you jane!" hopper shouts, pointing a finger at her with anger.

jane stares at hopper blankly for a few seconds. did he seriously see a teenage boy as a threat? jane couldn't help but laugh at hoppers stupidity. "what is mike going to do?!"

"it's not what he will do! it's what you'll do, and what you'll say to him!" hopper shouts, rubbing his forehead in frustration. "i know you jane, you quickly attach to people, grown close to them, which results in you opening up. a-and we can't risk that, you know that"

"why can't you just trust me? please?" jane says pleadingly, tears slowly streaming down her face.

"jane, we don't take risks" hopper says quietly, crossing his arms, showing the girl he wasn't going to change his mind.

in both anger and frustration, jane storms away from the scene and tilts her head slightly, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

jane wasn't herself at school the next day, and mike noticed. she looked both careless and exhausted, lazily walking around school as if she didn't want to be there.

mike considered walking up to her a few times, however something continued to hold him back. he came to a conclusion that it was probably best to leave her alone for a bit, it looked as if she needed some space.

he left her alone for the whole day, however he was desperate to speak to her, to see if she was okay. as soon as the bell rang, signalling the end of the school day, mike ran across school to her locker, he knew she went there after class.

and there she was, silently picking up her textbooks with a solemn expression on her face. mike makes his way over slowly, not wanting to scare her, as if she was fragile and could break any moment.

"j-jane, hi" mike quickly blurts out, mentally face palming himself at the awkwardness he created.

"uh- hey mike" jane says quietly, not looking up from her locker as she continues to place textbooks in there.

mike's mind begins to race. her blunt response made it appear that she was angry at him. "s-so about yesterday, i hope hopper didn't get too angry at you, and i'm sorry for coming over- i shouldn't have. i was intruding and-"

jane quickly cuts him off by placing a hand on his, and he immediately turns silent. "mike. calm down, okay?"

mike nods in response, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck as the girl slowly pulls her hand away from his.