fourteen

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
FOREST FIRE
BRIGHTON
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter fourteen! ]

"i feel awful max, i was way too harsh on him" jane mumbles as she lies sideways on her bed, covered by many soft blankets.

"jane you have the right to be angry at him! he's not telling you anything and he's spending time with that bitch!" max exclaims with anger in her voice.

"i know, but he never lies to me max. and i trust him." jane says as she looks at max. her thoughts were completely consumed by him, he was all she could think about.

"then why isn't he telling you anything?" max asks with an eyebrow raise, clearly in disagreement with jane.

"he said he's doing it to protect me." jane replies with a shrug, confused to what the boy meant.

"protect you? from what?" max asks with her eyebrows furrowed together, clearly just as confused as jane.

jane simply shrugs in response, too tired to even think about what he meant.

"wait, holy shit!" max exclaims as she sits up from the chair.

"what?" jane asks, surprised to max's sudden eagerness.

"he must be protecting you from stacey- who else? maybe she's blackmailing him or something?" max suggests as she sits down next to jane.

"maybe- but the whole situation still makes no sense.." jane mumbles with a sigh as she sits up, blankets still wrapped around her tightly.

"well since mike won't say anything, we've got to talk to stacey." max concludes, standing up from the bed to grab her bag and shoes.

"a-are you mad?! she hates us, she won't say anything-" jane rambles, however max is quick to put a hand over her mouth.

"ah jane- little do you know that i have some dirt on stacey" max says with a grin as she winks cheekily.

"wait- you do? what is it?!" jane asks with a small gasp, desperate to hear it.

"last month i went to a camp and stacey was there, she had a fling with her best friends boyfriend! i saw them sneak into each other's cabins at night and even kiss!" max says, clearly excited to use the information to blackmail stacey.

"i wish i could say i'm shocked but that whole situation just screams stacey" jane says with a small laugh and an eyeroll.

"true" max agrees, nodding as she laughs with jane. "are you ready to go and find her?"

"yes. i need to know the truth"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the pair walk through the doors of the starcourt mall, instantly meeting a buzz of excitement from crowds of people wandering through the huge building.

"where do you think she is?" jane asks as she attempts to keep up with max who was already speeding ahead.

"where do you think? the gap, duh." max calls loudly over the noise, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.