ten

Devin had been released from the hospital, a fracture boot to her name and a restriction from running for at least eight to six weeks.

She sits on her couch staring blankly at the tv, uninterested in the show. Her mind had been wondering as of recently, wondering to Jai. While in the hospital her memory had been slowly coming back and now she knows exactly what she did that night.

She isn't sure how she'll approach the boy but she wants another taste. Just a small one if anything. She isn't quite ready to admit he consumes her thoughts.

A small knock sounds through her apartment, Devin sighs loudly. Shuffling off her couch as best as she can. She limps over to her front door, leaving her crutches laying on the floor, not wanting to even bother with them.

Slowly turning all the locks, she opens the door. Cracking it halfway.

"I brought you cupcakes." The familiar honey smooth voice sounds to her ears, she opens her closed eyes, staring down at the boy she had just been fantasizing about.

She hobbles back allowing her door to slide open more giving Jai access to walk in, which he does. His little legs taking him only so far.

"Just sit them on the island." Devin informs knowing she probably won't even touch them. Sweets isn't something in her regular diet. The only sugar she allows is the natural sugar from fruits.

Jai complies placing the box of cupcakes down on Devin's marble countertop island.

It's a little surprising that Jai remembers how to get to her apartment and that he would randomly show up but his intentions are clearly harmless. In fact the cupcakes are rather thoughtful, Devin hasn't gotten many visits from people aside from Xavier and his girlfriend KC, because they're usually downstairs.

"Thankyou." Devin thanks hopping over to the island. Even though the distance isn't far, Jai rushes over to Devin to help her.

Devin doesn't object she allows Jai to help her hop the rest of the way to the island. She places a steady hand on the island holding herself up.

"So i didn't know what kind of cupcakes you'd want so i just got like every single kind the bakery offered. Sorry if you don't like them, i can always go get something else." Jai rambles out.

Devin stares glossy eyed at the boy, at how his cheeks flush crimson once he notices her staring.

"Don't worry about it, i'll eat all of them." Devin laughs, trying to reassure him that she'll like them.

"Oh o-okay well i guess i'll take my leave now." Jai whispers, heading toward the door.

"Hey! Have you ever had any cupcakes from..." Devin scans the cupcake box, "Whipped."

Jai turns around and shakes his head no, he only bought the cupcakes because the place had five stars so he figured he couldn't go wrong getting them from there.

"Well why don't you stay and have one with me." Devin suggests opening the turquoise cupcake box with Whipped printed in bold white letters on it.

"Oh okay." Jai mumbles walking back to the island and grabbing up his own cupcake.

"Take a seat." Devin says, while taking her own seat on her all black stool, that match the four other ones around the island.

Jai obliges taking a seat next to her, taking a bite out of his chocolate raspberry vegan cupcake. Jai got vegan and regular cupcakes, he really didn't know what to get Devin so he got everything.

Devin settles on the plainest cupcake in the box, a simple vanilla cupcake with vanilla icing and assorted sprinkles.

Devin doesn't even bite the cupcake it just sits in her hand. She stares with the same glossy eyes at Jai, who's nibbling on his delicious baked good.

A little icing getting on his lip.

"C'mere" Devin mumbles placing her cupcake down on the countertop. Jai stops eating looking at her like a deer caught in the headlights.

He coughs a bit, patting his chest frantically. "Huh?"

"C'mere." Devin repeats louder this time, staring deeply into Jai's eyes.

"T-to u-uh hm?" Jai stumbles out, still staring at her wide eyed.

Devin stretches her arms the short distance between the two, pulling Jai over to her. With the close distance Devin takes her advantage and closes the small space between them. Locking her lips on his soft rosy ones. She grabs the back of his neck softly, pulling him closer. Jai sighs into the kiss, he had been missing her lips dearly.

Devin reluctantly breaks away, releasing his neck and sitting back a little on her stool.

"You had icing on your lip."

-
-

Yes? Hello police dispatch?

Who told me i could write this? Because whew chile the cliché jumped out of my fingers.

Anyways buh-bye, please don't send the police to my address. Thanks, TaTa.