Chap 3

Annabeth's pov:

The green woman tugged on my arm, ushering me to follow them. I, however, stood my ground, a skeptical look clear on my face.

"Camp?" I asked, "What the hell is camp?"

"We'll explain later." Her voice was melodious, flowing like nature.

As we ran to who knows where, my eyes started to droop from exhaustion, until finally I lost the grip of reality and fell into a long, deserving sleep.

. . .

I woke up, feeling a lot more refreshed than I had before. "Hey, are the green woman still here?" I was too sleepy to know what I just said.

A boy chuckled, his curly blonde hair shaking as he laughed. "No, the green woman aren't here Annabeth."

I sat up quickly, my whole body stiffening in pain. "How do you know my name?"

The boy's expression quickly changed. "Um . . . I'm Will Solace, Annabeth." He hesitantly said. "You should know that."

I then remembered Will from school, the boy who was dating Nico. "Oh right, Will Solace, from high school, right?"

He stopped wiping his hands on a cloth, arching an eyebrow and turning back to me. "We never went to high school together, Annabeth."

Something was wrong, something was definitely wrong. "No, we went to Goode high school." I waved my hand. "But we didn't really talk much."

Will muttered something, then rushed over to me. "Do you know where you are?" He said this slow and was making weird faces, like as if I didn't understand what he was saying.

I raised my eyebrows. "No, I do not," I replied in the same tone.

Will cursed, grabbing a small pot and placing it next to me. "Drink this," he ordered.

I didn't oblige. "Tell me what is going on," I asked. "I know something is wrong, yet no one is telling me," I looked him in the eye. "Could you?"

He sighed, "You're not going to believe me."

"Fine then," I paused. "So what's going to happen to me now?"

"I don't really know," he said, frustration clear on his face. "We'll have to ask Chiron."

"Who's he?" I asked, though a small part of my mind felt nostalgic.

"Who's he?" Will stood up, looking at me carefully. "Please tell me you are lying."

"Why would I lie about that?"

Will ran a hand through his hair, not telling me anything. In fact, I was fed up. Fed up over the fact that for the past four days I was running- running from something I had no idea about.
This felt like a sick joke.

"Could someone please just tell me what is going on?" I said desperately.

Will turned around to me. "How are you not dead?" He was muttering to himself, though I could clearly hear the words pouring out of his mouth.

"How am I no-" I groaned in frustration. "Am I dead?" I sat up, looking down at the bed.

Will laughed, though it seemed more forced. He turned towards the door. "I've got to go, stay right here though."

I wanted to disagree and follow him, though my pounding headache and cramped muscles said otherwise.

. . .

"Annabeth." A seriously tall man looked below at me, calling my name.

I winced, my neck hurting a bit as I looked up to see him. "Sir?" I tiled my head to the side- not knowing what else to say.

"My name is Chiron." He grimaced as he said that.

Strangely enough, I found his voice soothing, like a storyteller reminiscing about his journeys, little kids sitting down joyously, waiting for the carefully told words.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, though I knew the answer was the same.

"Everyone here seems to know your name," he said, looking past the window. "So," he paused, thinking over his words. "You don't remember anything about me?"

I shook my head. "Not at all."

I looked down, my mind racing as I realised what was supposed to be legs, was replaced by horse's feet. In fact, his whole lower body was that of a horse.

Too tired to scream, my jaw dropped in amazement. "You're a centaur."

"That is correct." He still gazed at the window. He stopped, clearing his voice. "Descendants of Kronos" he said. "Or- as most of these campers like to call us- Party Ponies." He laughed.

I smiled a little. "Party ponies?"

"Most of my brothers like to participate in modern day partying," he sighed. "Drinking is a must as well, following under Dionysus's footsteps himself."

Dionysus? Most of the strange events that had occurred to me were solely based on Greek mythology. My mind raced as I realised what was going on.

"Greek mythology." I said.

He raised an eyebrow. "What about it?" He said.

"Ever since things started to become strange, everything resolved on Greek mythology," I said. "You guys believe in that?"

"Why yes, yes we do." He slowly said. "You're mother's side is starting to show, Annabeth." He laughed a little, though it never reached his eyes.

"I don't know where I am, and I'm talking to a centaur," I muttered, though the smile he gave me showed he heard.

"We're just as confused as you are, Annabeth." He turned towards me, a smile on his face. "Maybe one day we'll know, we'll know what's burdening us."

"Does it have something to do with me?" I asked quietly.

He didn't answer my question. "Do you want to know who you really are?" He paused, "more importantly, will you choose to believe in everything I'm about to tell you?"

I nodded. "Of course."

"The gods are real, Annabeth," he said. "The Greek gods, in fact. You might not believe me now, yet you'll see in the future." He paused to look at me. "You used to know this, you used to believe since you were a young age, and now? I think you still know, you still believe in what you were taught- yet something is stopping you. Something, I fear, will have to call for a quest." He moved over for a bit, looking back to see if his hooves were going to crash down on something. "If I told you everything right now, you'd pause and probably run away from this madness," he turned back to me. "Which is why, I am asking you Annabeth, if you choose to believe."
He looked at me with a questioning glance, and I noticed Will had squeezed in in the middle of Chiron's speech. They both waited for my response, a simple yes to fulfill their needs.

"That is complete baloney."