Chap 11

These next few chapters are going to be action packed.

If spiderman isn't in the MCU anymore, I'm boycotting it IDC. DISNEY YOU FOOLS

Annabeth's pov:

"Annabeth and Leo."

Crap, I thought as my frown deepened, and I muttered curses under my breath. I hadn't seen that one coming, I definitely hadn't seen it coming.

Leo didn't either, as his face was even more puzzled, and he was looking at Piper quizzically. Piper shot back a shrug, pointing at Chiron with her free hand. I turned towards the centaur, he was just standing peacefully, a small smile on his face.

If the choice of this was random, then my theory was right. I, Annabeth Chase, had the worst luck ever. I groaned silently, sitting back down with a thump. I didn't want to seem miserable, risking the fact that Leo would think the worst, but I just couldn't pretend to be glad when it had all come to the worst.

The sun wasn't even beating down on me like before. Some of the rays were shining on my hair and face, though it was only a few and the calming winds cancelled it out. Today was a peaceful day, some of the birds chirping loudly and disturbing the silence, though their harmonious sounds only made this a more nicer atmosphere.

Except for the announcement. The announcement was horrible, and it brought my happy mood to an end.

An Ares camper shouted at his placement, causing the whole camp to roar. One Aphrodite girl was shouting at her partner, saying she wasn't 'pretty enough' to work with. I scowled at that, she was the same girl who jeered at me in the pavilion. A Nike camper was arguing about his partner, who was a shy Apollo kid, apparently too scared to do anything.

I was too shocked to argue, only staring at the floor dejectedly, kicking at the clumps of grass that stuck out.

"So," Leo said, and I turned towards his hopeful face. "We're partners."

He scratched the back of his head and I noticed his arm was a bit oily from grease. Must be from working in the Haphaestus cabin, I thought. I realised I had caused an awkward silence, and I quickly replied back.

"Yeah," I said, giving a weary smile. "Wonder what the event's going to be."

Leo shrugged. "So do I."

"Ok then!" Piper shouted from the front, causing everyone to go silent. "Today will be a series of courses, from agility, to strength, to balance and whole lot of other things that are specialised with each cabin." Some cabins cheered at that. "This won't just be one day, it will be for a number of days and -"

"What do you get if you win?" A Nike kid asked impatiently.

Piper rolled her eyes, but carried on. "You, and your partner, will decide the fate of the losers." Some people groaned.

"That's not a big enough prize!" An Ares kid shouted, most campers agreeing with me.

I stood my ground, wanting Piper to carry on.

"I wasn't finished." Piper rolled her eyes. "Anyways, the people who do win will get the grand prize of . . ."

"Visiting olympus and having full access!" Piper shouted, and the whole camp roared in approval.

Even I was shocked, sure most campers on urgent quests could visit olympus to speak to the Gods, but never the whole area. Now guaranteed full access, I knew the whole camp would do whatever it took to gain that prize.