Chap 4

Annabeth's pov:

"That is complete baloney."

Will sighed, muttering to Chiron, 'I told you she wouldn't believe us."

Chiron shook his head. "She does, I can see that she does."

Will tilted his head to the side, confusion plastered onto his face. "She doesn't."

I kept my gaze on both of them, too scared to lower it, thinking that Chiron could see that I was lying. Lying that I didn't believe him, of course I believed him. I started to fully believe once Chiron had said Dionysus's name, and although how much I didn't want to, I had to oblige.

Why? I didn't know yet, yet it just felt wrong not to.

Chiron went towards the door, sending me a curt nod and a smile to Will.

Will flopped down on the chair opposite me, sighing. "How am I going to tell the others?"

"Others?" I asked. "Who are the others?" Though I already knew who he was going to say, and I dreaded it.

"Everyone in camp basically," he said. "Most of all your close friends, including Thalia."

My breath hitched. "Close friends? As in Hazel, Frank, Leo, Jason, Percy, and Piper?" I nearly stuttered saying their names.

Will's eyes brightened, his frown turning to a smile. "You still know them?"

"Of course I do," I said, Will started to laugh, muttering small 'yes!' 's. "They ruined my life." I said bitterly.

Will stopped dancing, and turned back to me. "What?"

"They ruined my life, the only reason I'm here is because they ruined my life."

Will raised an eyebrow, his voice soft. "What happened?"

I didn't know why, but I trusted him, I trusted him enough to speak about things even I didn't trust myself about.

I sighed. "We used to be friends. Great friends, actually." I paused. "Me and Percy were dating," Will seemed to smile at that. "For a couple of months, till Calypso came. Percy seemed to love her, he forgot about me and I was jealous. So jealous I began to be rude to Calypso. Piper kicked me out of her house- long story- and I was homeless for a day, and then the dance happened." I brushed tears off of my face, smiling so he wouldn't be worried. "And then at the dance Percy kissed Calypso an-"

"Percy would never do that!" Will interjected.

I shakily laughed. "I thought that too, and then Drew- do you know her?"

Will nodded. "She's here, you know."

I carried on. "Anyways, Drew told everyone something that I did," I wasn't ready to tell Will what I actually did, "and everyone started to hate me. Don't worry though, my used to be friends already loathed me so it was fine."

Will looked shocked. "None of them would do that, I know for a fact that- oh Gods I shouldn't have told them you were here."

"What?" I didn't mean to sound rude.

Will winced a little at my volume. "Sorry, I just- you wouldn't understand."

I sighed. "Tell me, and maybe I will."

"Maybe you will," Will said, "maybe you won't, which is why I'm not going to tell you."

I groaned in frustration. "What am I going to do when they get there?" I asked. "I don't want to shout, but I know I will and I just -"

"I'll tell them you're sleeping." Will paused. "Annabeth."

"Hm?"

"In your past li-"

"Don't say past life, I sound like I'm dead."

"- you're supposed to be dead." Will muttered, clearly forgetting that I was still here.

"What?"

"Annabeth, you died." Will sighed. "You died a year ago, and everyone knows that." He paused, running a hand through his hair. I noticed he did that when he was stressed. "The whole camp was in devastation, and now? Now everyone is celebrating, or confused. Most of them are literally outside this door, waiting for you to 'wake up'."

I rolled my eyes. "How did I die then?"

"Stabbed," he said. "It was all unexpected. Some person- probably a monster- came up when you were trying to do some work." He paused. "Last thing we heard was a scream and your dead body."

My heart stopped, my dead body. Dead body. "But I wasn't at a random camp last year doing work, I was probably at home- I never went to a camp!"

Will stood up and left without a word. Great, Annabeth. You already angered someone.

After about two minutes of me looking up at the wall, Will cane back in, holding a big box.

I stood up and walked over to it. "What is that?"

"It's pictures of you." He smiled triumphantly. "At camp."

I stood frozen at the spot, looking at the pictures, my face pale. How? There was a picture of me sitting down near a campfire, smiling at the camera. Percy's arm was around my shoulders, and there were other people too. Some I recognised, some I didn't.

"No!" I shouted, sending Will to stumble.

I closed the box, and hurriedly put it under the bed. "It's fake!" I was scared- do you know how horrible it feels to feel like you're life is a lie? "You're joking, Photoshop or something, I don't know- but I know you're joking!"

Will put his arms out. "Annabeth, calm down. I'll put the box away, and there'll be nothing to worry, okay?"

I slowly nodded, noticing a small crowd coming. I didn't know when the others would come, and I was honestly dreading.

Will left, and after about 1 minute, some of the people in the small crowd came in.

"How'd you come back alive, Princess?" She said it in a jeering tone, yet it was playful at the same time.

I looked up to see Clara? No- Clarisse staring down at me.

"Go please." I said it quietly. "Just send for Will or something- I can't do this."

Clarisse raised her eyebrows. "Go?" She asked. "I just realised my friend is alive- I'm not going to just leave."

Will came back in, arching an eyebrow at Clarisse and the others. "Annabeth isn't feeling okay, you guys have to leave."

Clarisse looked like she was going to say more, but the look Will gave her made her stop. "Come on guys."

"So," Will said once they were gone. "What are you going to do when the others come in?"

I thought for a second, then gave a feeble response.

"Umm . . . hide?"