{Nightmare}

Jasper runs so fast, I have no choice but to tuck my head into his neck again so I can breathe.

The mischievousness hasn't disappeared. Instead, it's rather increased in my position. With this much access to his neck, what else am I supposed to do?

There is a scar, seemingly the deepest on his body, just below his jaw. I kiss it gently first, wanting to let Jasper know what I am doing without making him jump.

A low contented sound rumbles in his chest, almost prompting me to giggle. But I hold it and continue my silent torture.

Jasper may be a vampire, but he stills works the same as any man. And that can be used to my advantage in many different ways.

If I learn where that one spot is on his body that makes him buckle, well...I'll be getting my homework done for me.

"Darling, as much as would love for you to continue that, your father is waiting for us and I do not want to have a gun pointed at me."

Just because I can, I suck on his neck for a few seconds more, until I hear a badly stifled moan escape his lips.

I hop down from his arms with a triumphant smile, while he glares at me with dark eyes. Whoops.

"Someone looks hungry. How about you go get a deer while I go talk to Charlie?" I say.

"Somehow, after being nearly hyperthermic, I don't think Charlie will appreciate seeing you walk out of the soaking woods alone," Jasper says.

He takes off his jumper that he put back on before we left, and helps me out it on.

It's amazingly soft and cosy, so doesn't take long to heat up. Plus, as a bonus, it smells just like him.

"You might not get this back," I say, snuggling myself into his side.

He chuckles. "It's alright. Alice insists we have new clothes every few months, so I'm sure you can take one."

I unintentionally make a kind of purring noise in the back of my throat as I rub my head in the jumper.

Jasper chuckles lightly, and I poke him in the ribs. Not that it does much good.

We come in view of the house. Charlie's cruiser is parked outside, and his voice is carrying from the open window on the second floor.

"Where is she? That boy of yours said she was hyperthermic! How does a walk in the woods help that?"

"Oh, great. Jasper can you take us up there the fast way," I say.

Like a true gentleman, he obliges. Within a second, we're walking into the room.

"Calm down, Charlie. I'm fine," I say, putting a little weakness into my voice.

He whirls around and stares at me disbelievingly. "What on earth were you thinking? Going into the forest?"

"I needed to walk for a bit, get some fresh air. Jasper walked with me around the house a few times," I say.

"Well, I'm glad Jasper went with you," Charlie says.

Jasper's hand tightens on my waist as he pulls me closer. "I would never let her do that alone after the way I found her."

"Once again, I owe you thanks for saving her life," Charlie replies.

"It is no problem, Chief Swan. Your daughter means a great deal to me, and I couldn't see her hurt," Jasper says.

Charlie grins. "I gathered as much." He turns to me, a twinkle in his eye.