{Meltdown}

I'm pretty sure Bella knows exactly why I'm so sluggish today. The constant smirk is all knowing.

"Oh, stow it, Bells," I snap playfully after eating breakfast with her smirking throughout.

She bursts out laughing. "I'm sorry, I just can't get over this. You really like him, don't you?"

"I guess." I chuck my plate in the sink.

"Then tell him," she says.

"I don't know, Bella. My last relationship didn't work out so well, did it?"

"Jasper would never do that."

"Oh, I know! I didn't mean it like that," I say quickly. "I mean that my luck hasn't been the best."

"That's one relationship. I'm sure Jasper will treat you like a queen," Bella says. "He's already so gentle with you."

"I don't want to be treated like a queen, I just want him."

"Wow, you got it bad."

"Like you can talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My stomach twists with anxiety all the way to school. Bella talks gaily as we listen to her rust bucket's radio.

She has tried very hard to change my mind, but I remain sturdy in my opinion of her heinous orange truck. If it wouldn't hurt Charlie and Bella's feelings, I would gladly torch it with a huge smile.

"Hey, earth to Jordan? We're here."

I finally notice the hand waving in front of my face and swat it away.

"Quit it," I say.

"Come on, we'll be late for class. What do you have first?"

"History," I reply, and scowl at the twist in my gut.

Bella pats me on the back and smiles before practically running off. I roll my eyes and go to class.

My feet swiftly bring me to the History classroom. Before I acknowledge anyone else, I search for the familiar amber eyes near the back.

But the seat is empty. Jasper isn't here. Every shard of hope dissappears and I let my shoulders sag.

I spend the day in a sad stupor, not taking in anything from my classes. I think Bella tried to speak to me a few times, but I'm too wrapped up in my head.

Even though Jasper quite clearly said we wouldn't work, I still held hope that he would be here today.

But it's effecting me worse than I thought. I guess I never really realised how much I struggle with school because Jasper has distracted me from it.

By the end, I'm even more exhausted and drained than I was this morning.

Bella hasn't come back yet after walking into the woods with Edward, so I'm leaning against the truck with my back to the parking lot.

I'm tired, and barely anything is going through my head. So when Johnny Martin's grating voice floats toward me it digs under my skin instantly.

"Feeling a little down, Loreley? How about you come with me and I can remind you of all our good times."

I stand bolt upright and turn to face him with a cold expression. His mouth is formed in an obnoxious smile.

Something long suppressed rips out of me, and before I become aware of my movements, I've already knocked him to the ground and continued to punch him.