Shed Blood, Keep Secrets

My entire week was troubled with thoughts of Maria Stauffner. As promised, I told everything to Pryce who looked unamused at the news. And also I think I saw a sliver of concern marking his face. He told me he would help in whatever way he could. He took out a pistol stored in his cabin and gave it to me. "Use it wisely," he said. I nodded.

That Thursday, I went to the parking lot. I had worked overtime that day, so when I went down, there was no other car except mine. I sighed as I headed towards my car when I stopped dead in my tracks. I saw Maria Stauffner standing there near my car. Her face was marred with strokes of blood. Her hair was tousled, and she wore a chain with bones. I was shocked to see her there, but then I felt that surge. I could sense she was afraid, maybe more than I was. And right now her fear was thrilling me, so I decided to take full advantage of it. I cleared my voice and stepped forward. She did too.

"Ah, Ms. Stauffner, what a surprise," I said.

"An upir. You-you are an upir. I knew the first day I met you something was wrong with you. You had secrets. But now it's over. It's all over. I've caught you, and you're going to suffer," Maria yelled, trying to be brave.

"Correction, Ms. Stauffner. I am the child of a demon, not an upir," I confessed. What was the harm. "Besides you're probably Type B. Definitely wouldn't have that," I said, remembering that fact when I read her portfolio. Maria Stauffner got more tense and her body was trying its best not to collapse in fear. The human part of me felt so bad for her. But the demon side was getting high from all the fear. It was all just harmless fun. And I could knock her out if things went too bad. That gun could stay as it was in my purse, where it is supposed to be.

"How do you get your blood?" she asked.

"I told you. I don't feed off blood," I said. "I feed off fear. And right now, I must say, this is exhilarating." To be honest, the amount of fear Maria Stauffner was feeling at that moment was amazing, especially after not feeding for weeks. The demon side of me was starving for this, and today, I was going to let it have it.

"You killed that man. Did you not? I found his traces. Someone drained half his body of blood. It was you, right?" said Maria.

"Ms. Stauffner, must I explain to you that I believe it's unethical to kill? I have no reason to kill. Again, I don't feed on blood," I said.

"No, no, no! I checked. He never left the building. His blood traces were found in the building. It led to Pryce's lab. Where you work. You did something to him. What did you do!" She yelled again.

"As I said, I didn't."

"Then who did?" she asked boldly.

"If you believed you figured me out, I am sure you are smart enough to fit all the other pieces together," I answered and almost prepared myself to drop this conversation and leave.

"Wait, wait," Maria stopped me. "What will you do to me?"

"Bold question. I will let you go," I replied. "Because you seem brave, and you've fed me enough. Just playing with you, Ms. Stauffner. Just playing. Plus, I need to ask you something. What is your affiliation with Roman Godfrey?"

Maria Stauffner stood there, looking at the ground.

"I said what is your connection to him!" I yelled in a loud voice, surprising even myself. I stepped even closer to her. "When you do crimes and think of hurting others, you weren't this afraid. What's making you so terrified now, Ms. Stauffner? You wanted to kill me, right? You wanted to be worshiped by others if you brought them my corpse? Do it." I knew full well she wouldn't be able to even move towards me.

Maria stood there, shutting her eyes and covering her ears with her hands. It was getting too much for her to bear. Behind her, I peeked to see none other than Roman Godfrey. I hadn't seen him in ages. What was he doing here? I just kept staring at him, trying to comprehend what he was going to do, when my head started pounding. I took my eyes off Roman and grabbed the gun in my bag. The one I only vowed to use if I was in danger. It was already loaded. I didn't blink once as I pointed it towards Maria Stauffner and pulled the trigger.

Blood immediately splattered from her body onto her clothes and the ground. She collapsed. The headache grew and I fell to the ground too. 

Author's Note: *cue screaming* What just happened?