The Case Re-opens

"Is that all? Are you ready to go?" asked Peter, when he helped me load two suitcases into the car.

"Wait, I need to meet Nadia before I leave. Please, I need to see her. Know she's okay," I pleaded. "I haven't seen her since the attack."

"Of course," Peter said. "We'll stop by her place right now. Can't guarantee you won't see Roman though."

"That's fine. I can handle him," I assured Peter.

As I approached the huge door to the Godfrey mansion, out came a woman, trying to collect herself and whatever she was wearing while looking down. I rolled my eyes as she scooted past me. I stomped to the door and pushed the doorbell twice. Roman opened the door, hair messy and shirt wrinkled. I knew what happened.

"So this is your fourth, fifth woman of the week?" I spat out with hints of disgust in my voice. Before he could say anything I continued, "Nadia can't stay in this environment. I don't want her growing up seeing her father treat other women like objects."

"Will you shut up!? Every time I bring these girls home, you have no idea how much I want to feed. You don't know. And every time, I let them go. With every drop of their blood still flowing in them," Roman shouted as he turned to slam the door in my face. I stopped him. He was throwing himself a pity party, and frankly, I didn't have the time for it.

"Regardless, I came here to see Nadia, not you. Where is she?"

"Why are you here? What are you even trying to do with my daughter?" Roman asked.

"Trying to give her a sense of normalcy. Which she clearly won't be getting here if her father's thinking of sucking people dry in his living room."

Roman clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. I had made him mad. Very mad. This conversation was a disaster. All I did was make it worse. I sighed; there was nothing to do as of right now. Except focus on who I came to focus on- Nadia.

"May I see Nadia once before I leave? You haven't let me see her for so long," I asked, hoping to see a glimpse of that sweet girl.

"No," Roman said firmly. I rolled my eyes.

"You know you can't stop me from seeing her," I explained.

"That's none of my business. But for now, you came to leave. So do. You can see her when you come visit Peter or Destiny. At least I'm letting you do that" he said.

I hated to admit but my heart broke a little, right there, standing on those front stairs. I breathed in then looked at him again. "Bye," I whispered as I turned my back to leave.

He nodded then went inside and closed the door. I stomped my way to Peter's car, waiting where he said he would.

"So did you get to meet her?" Peter asked.

"No, he didn't let me," I confessed.

"Wait, he didn't try to stop you?" Peter asked.

"I guess not, but it's okay. Come on, let's go. We need to reach a motel before it's dark," I told Peter, mainly to brush off my thoughts.

We were out of Hemlock Grove pretty soon and I began to feel sleepy. My heart hurt and was completely empty. I had no idea where I was going or what I was going to do. I just knew that I had to leave before this became too much. It was the right thing to do, for me.

I had woken up from my nap. It was dark now, and Peter calmly drove on. Before I could say anything, Peter's phone rang.

He looked at me. I looked back, curious.

"It's Destiny," he said. He didn't pick the phone up. Destiny called again and again. Seemed like something urgent.

"I'll pick up and put it on speaker. Good?" he asked. I nodded.

"Cousin, not enough time for details but you've gotta come right now!" Destiny yelled over the phone in distress.

"I'm actually-uh, stuck in some important business," Peter answered.

"When I am telling you to get yourself over here , I mean it," Destiny said.

"Really, what happened?" Peter asked.

"It's something about Maria Stauffner. I've cracked the code," Destiny said.

I looked at Peter and shook my head.

"Cousin, she's already dead. She's in the past. It's gone," Peter explained.

"Peter, Stauffner's gone but now I know the reason she came. She came to look for a vargulf," Destiny said. "Do you have any clue what that means?" There was a pause before Destiny spoke again. "It means, there's a vargulf! In Hemlock Grove. Now set aside whatever the heck you were doing and get to my place. No ifs or buts."

Peter looked at me in shock.

"When you turned, you hadn't sensed this?" I asked.

'To be honest, I sensed something, but it was faint. And with all the bloodshed and stuff happening, I can't detect details well or distinguish them. And I haven't turned this month. Yet."

"We need to go back," I said.

"Sienna, it's okay. Last time, Destiny, Roman, and I handled the vargulf. This is not your battle to fight."

"No, Peter, turn around. We need to go back," I said. "What was I even thinking?"

"Si, you were under stress. And as much as I didn't express it, it would hurt if you left. It would," Peter confessed.

"Which is exactly why we're going back."