Auld Lang Syne

I apologize for my lack of this fanfic updating but to be fair on myself I have found it hard to write this chapter, being it the last chapter.

I have enjoyed writing this story, I'm not sure why. It is probably because I'm Scottish myself or some thing like that.

Anyways I hope you have enjoyed this story of the siblings and their mishaps but every good thing has to come to an end.

And I'm sorry this is so short!

Thank you for reading!

It was then they realized their brother was serious. His people were really going to have a vote. He wasn't going to stop them. "Scotland..." Grainne mumbled to herself. They all remained in the living room, minus England. "I-I-" she couldn't speak. Of all people she should of been happy for her brother being that she was independent herself. It made no sense. However it cleared her mind knowing that Scotland was there for Seamus when she couldn't be.

"It is okay" Her younger brother comforted her as she accepted his chest as her resting place.

"This is the worst time but I must go" Their father suddenly stood up. Wales was the first to speak to him

"Father, I-we may have changed...a lot some of us..." He thought of his old ways and how Scotland always insisted on being the protector of his family "However it was pleasant to see you"

"Yeah yeah I get it I-" He began to go see through "I do love you all. Be safe my-" Vanished.

"SCOTLAND YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" A booming voice came from up stairs. It was England. He was storming around his office, breaking anything in his path. "GOD DAMMIT!" He through his lamp which was situated at his desk at the glass cupboard of books. He could feel his own temper rising like it was a temperature.

"Mr England sir please calm do-" England turned to throw a book at his butler. It barely miss him.

"Bring me some gin!" He demanded. The butler understood and ran off. He was breathless. Why would his brother leave him? Why? "I just-" He turned back to his window. It had a view of the front garden. That was when he heard a familiar sound of singing. Quickly he got upright and staggered over to the window.

There he was. His brother. He had a rose in his hand and was looking at it, singing that song. The song which many all over the world sing at a new years party. "Should auld acquaintance be forgot..." He slowly sung, it was more like he spoke they lyrics. England's head was hanging out of his window at this time. "And never brought to mind?" The rose was like a asset to him at this point. "Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days o' lang syne?" Scotland's eye drifted to his brother, hanging like a monkey. "For auld lang syne, my dear for auld lang syne" It was as if he was singing to him. "We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet." The tears were filling his eyes. He hated crying too. "For auld lang syne" The last line was slower than the rest.

"S-Scotland...p-p-" Scotland shook his head sighing at the youngest. He went back to the rose he had picked. It was thorny.

"All good things must come to an end my brother" The rose fell from his hand as he turned to leave. "All good things"

- Time skip to 19th September 2014 -

It was a drizzly day in England. The rain drops felt as if they took an age to reach the ground, splashing as usual. The UK siblings all sat in the living room, minus one. He had agreed to let his brothers and sisters to stay over on the night of the 18th. They needed one an other no matter how much England hated having them over. "Wake up!" He heard Seamus wake him.

"W-What?" He struggled to sit up, Grainne refused to leave his side all night.

"It's on" They all stared at the square box. What was their answer? What would happen?

The presenter had long brown hair and hazel eyes. Her names was Catherine. "Today Scotland's vote has been counted" She began looking into camera one. "They have made their choice and here it is." The four drew themselves towards the screen. "Scotland shall" It was a horrible feeling of impatience. "Remain with us" There was silence at first. Not a sound. There was only the rain pattering down on the windows.

"S-So he?" Questioned England just to make sure. Grainne began to cry nodding her head.

"H-He is still with you!" She cried like a water fall, heavier than the rain. Seamus went to comfort her again as Wales poured himself a cup of tea. England did nothing. He sat there taking it all in. He almost lost a loved one. Although he hated to admit it he really did love his family. He wanted to run to Scotland and find his brother just to- a knock on the door silence the celebration.

Was it? It was. England didn't let the others answer. He got to his feet alone. He rushed towards the door. Through the glass he saw his figure. It was wet yet he knew it was him. The door couldn't of been opened faster. He stood their, soaked. "Jesus let me in it#s bloody soaking oot ere!" Scotland laughed at the stunned England. "Jesus you look like a right mess!" He had been up all night. You could tell.

"I-Is it true?" Scotland quickly grabbed his brother and hugged him. He sighed and whispered

"Of course it is" Then he shoved him off laughing "You would think you cared about me!" The other siblings joined in.

"Shut it you git!" England snapped.

"Oi dinny call me a git!"

"Don't call Scottie a git!"

"Yeah you git!"

"Now, now this isn't a time for fighting" Wales calmed them down again.

It was back the way it was again. How they were all happy. Well their version of happiness. How they were pleased with the out come. They would get to keep their brother. They would be able to stay together.