This town is weird

"Michael?" You repeated, shaking his hand.

He nodded slowly. "That's what I said."

You seemed to have paused from a thought before giggling at his comment. "Right, right."

"Well, I guess this is goodbye?" Micharl said. He had no business with ypu, and the way you two met, he seemed to have been in a hurry somewhere.

"Oh, yeah. See you around I guess?" Yypu maneuvered your way around the strange man. There's something off about him..his face, his voice, the smell...

But you dont have time to dwell on it, you need to find Gold and patch things up. Maybe the man didnt shower? You turned to see the man now gone. Nowhere in sight.

. . .

"Hope." You raised your hands as you twirled on a heel and walked away. "Not even gonna bother saying it."

__________

"He's not here?" You huffed with disappointment.

"I'm afraid so. Sorry, (Y/N)." Lisa gave you an apologetic look. Shes too was worried about him. The blind sometimes hands around the pizzeria even during his days off.

You lowered your bread on defeat. So much for making amends...maybe he'll show up tonight?

"It's there something you wanted to ask him?" Ypu looked remorseful to her.

"I..just wanted to talk to him about something." You quickly thought of a lie. This wasnt her business. This wasn't YOUR buisness either. "I'll get out of your hair."

The waitresnooded and walked back to the kitchen, not before giving you another look and waved goodbye.

You waved back and turn your head toward the stage. The three mascots were still facing forwards but ypu could see from the corner of their eyes, they were watching you.

Ypu already told the leader Freddy you wouldn't pry on his older brothers affairs but this wasnt exactly about that. Hopefully he wouldnt chastise you about it later during your shift.

You were about to exit the building until you felt yet another stranger bump into your chest.

Jeez, you're just a magnet for bumping into people. Everyone you've bumped into became your friend. This person might not be any different.

A squeak emerged from the person ad she fell back. The overly large backpack she wore broke her fall. Sounds of metal and other smooth, metallic objects jingled from inside.

Ypu almost 'pffft' at that. What was this girl carrying? And from her small frame, how was she carrying it? Ypu almost forgot you made this poor girl fall down. Well, she collided into you.

"My bad." You said with a grin. You shouldnt smile, what if she believed you did it on purpose? Well, if you did you would've "dissapeared" out of sight.

"I-its fine..." She mumbled softly. She grabbed your hand and tou pulled her up. Her hand felt soft and warm. The grub was timid, incomparable to how Michael shook your hand.

"I...I was in a hurry..." She stuttered over her own words. She avoided contact with your eyes as she talked.

You took a good look at this girl. She wore a green cap on her head with a wispy symbol on it. Her hair looked naturally blue, with two pigtails on opposite sides of her head. Her eyes are also blue. She wore a blue sweater with black jeans and blue Wellington boots. A large golden key dangled from her neck with that ridiculously large aquamarine backpack behind her with a long crowbar sticking out of it. Her watery looking eyes still remained focused on her feet while she fiddled with her fingers.