Chapter 10

***

The day after Black's interrogation, everyone gathered at the main police station to hear Sebastian and Milan about evidence and what's happening with investigation.

George brought in an investigation board for them to present the case. Although in all TV shows, detectives have blank boards ready specifically for that case, in reality these boards are cluttered with multiple cases, leaving very little room to add a single note or smaller picture.

But this was no ordinary case. Former police officer had been killed. And it absolutely does not matter that he is retired. A cop is a cop. 

Sebastian prepared pictures of the witnesses as well as the suspects and placed them next to the board.

Roger Morrison sat down in front of them and crossed his arms over his stomach. "Come on, talk!"

Milan stood beside the Sebastian holding a picture of Mrs. Roberts.

"So Delilah Roberts is the first witness we've heard and considered. She informed us that Chester's wife, Mollie Collins, often went to yoga."

Suppressed laughter spread through the room as well as exchanging glances.

"I know, we were also interested in that info and associated it with adultery, especially because of the way Mrs. Roberts said it."

Roger nodded and pursed his lips. "Did you interviewed that ... yoga ... instructor?Or Mollie's group there?"

"No." Sebastian entered the conversation, attracting glances.

"Why?"

"We didn't get there yet."

"Oh. If so ... I just ... I wonder ... are you three aware of working in the police? I don't know Sebastian how's it up at north, but here you work until you get down on your knees. Especially if it's a situation like this." Roger exhaled and motioned with his hand to Milan, "Now, move on please."

Milan briefly looked at Sebastian and took a slightly more aggressive attitude. "Also, Mrs. Roberts told us she saw Timothy Sharp talking to Chester outside his house before murder, which was certainly unusual." 

Milan pinned Timothy's picture to the board opposite of Mrs. Roberts. "He's one of the suspects."

"As you know, Timothy was found to have a larger amount of narcotics. So the only question is ... did Chester know about it? Did he try to do something about it, so Timothy overreacted? However, yet we don't know Timothy's side of the story. And I'm pretty sure everyone know he's dealing and he doesn't mind. He is full of himself."

"I agree Sebastian. We are in the process of getting a social worker." Roger nodded.

"After yesterday's questioning of the Blacks.." Milan continued and pinned two more photos on Mrs Roberts side. "We received a statement that Harrison and Victoria Black saw three persons outside Chester's house. But they're elder and it was night. They didn't see the faces of the people."

"How convenient". Roger murmured.

"Also, Clara ... a maid on the Blacks property... saw a taxi passing next to her down in direction of Chester's house. She was throwing trash at that point, she didn't see much. But it may be crucial, in fact." Sebastian added her picture to Milan.

"All this brings us to the most important evidence. The cigarette filter. Sebastian waved with a picture of the evidence and took papers out of the analysis folder. -DNA analysis done by Melissa Adams. This cigarette butt belongs to Ryan Walsh." Sebastian paused.  "A taxi driver."

The stirring spread through the room. Roger looked thoughtfully at the board. Glancing over the pinned images.

"George."

"Yes, sir?" He jumped to his feet and stepped closer to Roger.

"Prepare an arrest warrant for Ryan Walsh. That son of a bitch won't know what got him."

***

Looks like the talk with Timothy is going to have to wait. I just want five minutes with that kid. I need to know how he and Ida knew each other. If...she was buying drugs from him.... 

He became angry again. He clenched his fist next to his body and stared at Timothy's image. Sebastian leaned the investigation board by the wall and rubbed his temple.

"Hey."

Sebastian stiffened and parted his lips slightly to answer. He exhaled and turned to Skyla.

She spread a smile across her face as she tied her pony tail at the top of her head.

"Hey." Somehow he rolled words across his tongue.

"You want to explain to me what happened the other night?"

She's straightforward, huh. He scratched his neck and looked for someone to save him.

 "Nothing. Why?"

"Because you ran away?" She widened her eyes to prove how obvious it was.

"I had to finish some things." At 4Am? I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

"Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes.

Sebastian looked around because he was uncomfortable looking at her who was just standing in front in silent, glancing directly at him.

"Well, I should..."

"Do you have an hour off? To we have a drink?"

"Um..." He looked confusedly into her icy eyes.

"Sebastian! Move! Let's go to the yoga center!" Milan yelled from the other end of the station.

"I have to go. Another time."

"Okay." She started to hug him, but he had already reached out his hand. She smiled and reached out. "I thought we were not in a strictly business relationship after a night off."

And then she pulled him to her and hugged him.

Sebastian allowed himself to frown because Skyla couldn't see him.

He was dragging his feet over to Milan's car and fall in the passenger seat.

"What is with you? Are you in the same boat again?"

"What boat?" Sebastian glanced at him bewildered.

"Are you in trouble again. You know." Milan looked at him with genuine concern.

"In that case I'm in more boats then one."

Milan laughed and shook his head. "Listen. If something doesn't make you feel right, don't do it then." He looked at Sebastian significantly and raised an eyebrow. "Okay?"

Sebastian thought briefly and nodded.

"OK. Now let's see what a flexible yoga lover has to say."

It lured a grin on Sebastian's face, which was Milan's intention.