Chapter 4

After the whole shenanigans, an intercom was played on the intercom system. On the intercom was glynda, who told all the first years to report to the beacon cliff.

////

Opzin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glymda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh..."

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Ruby:"Ugh... But it can't get worse than this right?...

(Y/N) face palms himself, his red hooded friend doesn't know if someone's says it's can't get worse, it going to get much worse.

Opzin:"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

(Y/N):"And there's the 'it's going to get much worse'...

Ruby's entire world starts shattering into millions of pieces.

Opzin:"Anyways after you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you wii die."

Jaune starts laughing nervously.

Jaune:"I'm sure he's kidding.....right...?"

Opzin:" No I'm not. You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

Jaune:"Actually I have a--"

Opzin:"Good! Now take your positions."

In a matter of seconds, students were sent flying. An excited nora and ren got launched and yang was next. At her turn, yang winked at ruby, then blew a kiss at (y/n) and flies off before ruby joins her a second later.

Opzin:"Your up mr (l/n)."

(Y/N) gets into his launching position before he's flung with the cloud of students making their way down into the forest below. Glynda notices opzin was looking at where (y/n) and ruby initially stood.

Glynda:"Headmaster?"

Opzin turns to face glynda with a smile. Something rarely does.

Opzin:"Who would have that a future silver eyed warrior and the golden eyed king would appear here? Fate is a beautiful thing."

Glynda who was at loss of words started heading back to the academy with opzin following her, while drinking from his coffee mug.

////

After some time in the emerald forest, yang and blake became teammates and they complemented each other successfully. The duo ended up coming out of the and into an opening where a circular stone table laid with several gold and black objects.

Yang:"You think this it?"

Blake looks confused as she examines the object.

Blake"Chess pieces?"

Yang nonchalantly shrugs at blake.

Blake:"I guess we should take one."

Yang then goes through the pieces before seeing a golden knight piece. She picks it up and shows it to blake.