Chapter 6

"Cathy!" I hear a voice call my name from down the hall and I see Hailey rushing to me.

"What on earth do you want? I have to go to class too, you know." I say annoyed.

"Sorry if I'm making you late but I just wanted to tell you that Tanya wants us all to meet up after school." Hailey says hurt.

"And why would I care about what Tanya wants?" I ask impatiently.

"Because we are all part of this so we have to start working like a team." Hailey days pleadingly.

"Whatever, I'm already late thanks to you." I say and walk off to my classroom.

Once I finally get to probable thinking class, my favorite class, I find that I'm the last one there. There are only two people I know that are in my class, McKenna and Candi(my hyperactive twin sister), and they are ussaully there first.

"Where were you, miss Renning?" Mr. Pym asks

"Um..." Cathy said unsure what to day. She had never been late before.

"Make sure it never happens again. Got it?" Mr. Pym says.

I not and head to my seat which is, incidentally next to both McKenna an Candi. "Ooo! Cathy's in trouble!" Candi whispers.

"Leave her alone! It's not her fault." McKenna defended me, probably trying to be nice but it offended Mr that she thought I need her help.

"Just shut up, the both of you!" I whispered back trying not to look fetal.

"That's it Cathy, you have a detention. Meet me in here for it after school!" Mr. Pym says.

" But after school I have-" I start.

"No excuses!" He says looking like he's about to throw me out of the class. I slump back into my chair, ready to begin the worst day ever.

***

After school I go into McKenna and Hailey's room ready to share my ideas for costumes, which are super awesome.

After I knock on the door McKenna let's me in and I sit on my favorite chair in that room. It's a comfy red velvet chair with bronze arm rests. Even though it is the best chair ever, and softest, it does bout fit into the colorful room.

Five minutes later everyone but Cathy have gotten there. As I wonder why it must have shown on my face because McKenna speaks up "Don't worry. She's OK, but she got a detention."

"What?! Are you sure we are talking about the same Cathy?" Cole said astonished.

"Yep. Same Cathy." She says. "She was late for class and was talking in class. She's in Mr. Pym's room."

" I'm sure I can get her out of it!" Hailey says. "As long as someone comes with. How about you Cole?"

"Um... Sure." Cole says uncomfortable. I knew Hailey liked him but asking him to go everywhere with her? Now that's just creepy.

***

I walk out of the room with Hailey. "Hurry up, Cole!" Hailey rushes me.

"Well we all aren't as quick as bunnies." I say trying to make an awkward moment less awkward.

"Haha, very funny. Well if I had your power you would be going as fast as you can." Hailey says also in a joking matter.

She slows down. "I suppose we don't have to go soooooooooooooo fast." Hailey tells me getting closer. I knew she liked me but I  never thought I would like her.

***

When we get there Mr. Pym is on his computer while Cathy and another girl sit there boredly.

We walk in and Mr. Pym look at us questionally. "Hailey and Mr. Carson, what is it you want?"

"We have this really important team meeting daddy! Can we have Cathy?" Hailey days with puppy eyes.

"Look, sweetie, I love that you have so many new friends but I can't pull them out of serious things like detention." Mr. Pym says.

"Daddy! It's not something we want to do. Mr. Fury told us we have to form a group of super heroes!" Hailey says pleadingly.

"I can confirm this is true." I say trying not to be just standing there.

"Mr. Carson, how do I know of your seriously part of this or if your just her new boyfriend?" Mr. Pym asks me with a questioning look.

I blush and she sees me so this so she blushes too.

"Hailey, darling, please get out of here. Cathy and Luci need to serve their time." He tells us. We walk out disappointed.

"Well that sucks." I say.

Hailey and I start walking again. After a few seconds Hailey pulls me towards her and kisses me on the lips. She jerks away afraid I don't like her but I just pull her closer and continue the kiss.