Chapter 9

Tanya's POV

What does he think he's doing here? Just showing me another guy. He knows I want him and just him. I suppose the guy is sort of cute, but in a shy way. "I think you should get out." I say.

"But-" Cole tries to argue.

"No. Cole get out." I say. "Matt sit."

Cole has a smug smile on his face as he leaves. Matt sits down nervously. "Um... May I ask your name?" He asks shakily.

"Don't be so formal. My name is Tanya." I say eating from a container of ice cream.

"Um... Hi." He says.

"Do you know Cole?" I ask him.

"He's my roommate. But he doesn't hang out with me or anything." Matt says.

"He's a horrible guy! He denied me. Me! I'm butiful mostly. Just not now. He made me let myself get hurt by him. Them he thinks he can just hand me some guy and think it's OK! Well I have a plan." I say.

"OK... What is it?" He asks.

"We pretend to date." She says.

"Um..." He says.

"It's perfect! Them I don't do what he wants me to do. What exactly is that?" I ask.

"I'm not sure." He says.

"Well we find out what it is then we don't do it." I say.

"Um... Sure." He says.

Cole's POV

"Hi sweetie. How was your day?" Hailey asks me at my locker.

"What do you want?" I ask knowing this isn't her normal behavior.

"Is it so bad that I want to be a good girlfriend?" She asks.

"Well, it's not like you." I say.

"Oh! That's what your gonna do!" She says storming off.

"You really put your foot in your mouth." A voice says.

I turn to see Grace, my locker neighbor and Tanya's roommate. "Hey Grace. How's Tanya doing?" I ask.

"OK. She's pretending to date that guy you brought in the other day. She said it was to get back at you or whatever." She said.

"Thanks for telling me!" I say.

"Anytime!" She says with a wink. She always had a crush on me and I did on her. Then on the day I was gonna ask her out, Hailey kissed me.

I go away after Hailey. I find her waiting for me to catch up to her. "Could you be any less worried about me? About us?" She says.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"Sorry don't cut it. I'm over you. That Brian got is cute. Bye!" She says.

"Wait! Don't!" I scream after her.

"I knew you would come back for me! I forgive you!" She says.

I'm about to hug her when I stop. "No. I can't. You wanna know what's wrong with you? Your the worst person for me. I'm sorry but maybe this all was a bad idea. We are over. But can we still be friends?" I say.

"Well you never were prince charming either." She says.

"That's the thing. I never want to have a relansinship like Snow White and Prince Charming. But you do." I say.

"Whatever." She says then storms off.