Chapter 11

Cathy's POV

"You did what?!" I scream at McKenna.

"I may have sent him a letter saying we excepted his offer." She says.

"Darn it McKenna! How are we gonna do this?" I ask her.

"Believe me I tried to decline. I really did. But right when I wrote the declining letter I couldn't send it. So I ripped it up and wrote a new one." McKenna says.

"Sometimes McKenna! I can't do this! What are we gonna do?!" I ask her.

"Well I've figured it out. First we-" She begins.

"Decline him?" I hope.

"More like get the team back together." She says.

"You do realize how impossible that is right?" I ask her.

"Well I don't see any other option. If we send him a declining letter we will just have that lower of a recommendation rate." McKenna says.

"Well at least run it by me before you do something stupid like this again." I tell her. "Gotta run but I'll meet you at the cafe after school."

"OK see ya then." McKenna says.

I walk onto my next class. It's my class with Mr. Stark. He just brags the whole time. It gives me some time to think. This whole situation is a mess. The other 3 hate each other and it isn't exactly something just the 2 of us can do. We need Tanya's talent to float over head. We would need Hailey's talent to turn into some little creature to spy. We also need Cole's talent to control people. But without them we just have the mind reader and teleporter. Could just the two of us work out? I don't think I wanna take that chance though. Gosh why is life so hard? "Is there something more interesting then me, Ms. Because there isn't." Mr. Stark asks me.

"Um... No." I say.

"Good. Now listen." He says.

"Yes sir."

***

After school I go to the cafe on campus. McKenna is already there. "What took you so long?" She asks sipping her coffee.

"Mr. Stark kept me after class. Don't ask." I tell her as I go to order a cappuccino. Once they give it to me I go to the table McKenna is at. "So what you got?"

"Um he sent us a response letter. I'll read it. Dear Unstoppables, Thank you so much for taking this upon yourselves. I will be back in about half a week. But until that you guys are on your own. Thank you, Mr. Fury. What do you think?" McKenna says.

"I think that we have to get everyone happy with each other before he gets back which doesn't give us much time. So I think we have to get help." I say.

"But who?" She asks me.

"Cole seems to like Grace. Perhaps she could make him happy with the others, I work on Tanya and you and Hailey. Hopefully we work this out before Mr. Fury gets back." I say drinking my cappuccino.

"Look. It'll be hard considering Hailey still thinks Cole likes me but that only means to get started early. After all we only have 3-4 days. Goodbye." McKenna says finishing her coffee.

I've always wondered how a freshman could like coffee so much. We all were freshman. Which meant we were new to high school drama. But it seemed that our whole lives were high school drama. Then you just add a d.c. comic to it.