Chapter 15

Cathy's POV

I look into the hospital room with the unconscious child on the bed and the great shadow mercenary sitting helplessly next to her. They must be close cousins. And the enemy most certainly did this to get at Cecilia. But why not attack Cecilia herself? Was there an obstacle in his way? Perhaps he wanted her alive. But that wouldn't make sense. She could still fight. This girl seems nothing of importance. It doesn't make sense.

McKenna walks to the window where I'm standing. "None of this makes sense." I say.

"What?" McKenna asks.

"It's obvious this attack was to harm Cecilia but why not just hurt Cecilia herself?" I ask.

"Most people will say that this guy isn't the smartest. But what I'll tell you is that this kid is probably important. More so than just being Cecilia's cousin." McKenna says.

"You really think so?" I ask unsure of this theory.

"I don't know. It's a possibility though." McKenna says. "Now come along. We need to have our first team meeting."

***

Tash's POV

I see in a dream myself in a hospital bed. Cecilia is sitting beside my body force-feeding me pudding. I see that my heart beat is low and I'm struggling to breathe. I try to play a prank on Cecilia by surprising her. I creep up to her. "Boo!" I scream.

Nothing.

"Come on! I know you know I'm here." I say.

Nothing.

I tap her shoulder. "Hello there!"

She turns around. She looks around, her eyes passing me multiple times. "Hmmmmm." She says then turns back to the unconscious me.

"Oh no." I say suddenly what's happening.

I walk out of the place, scaring Cecilia to death. I hear Cathy and McKenna walking away. Add I'm the most curious person on earth, I follow them. We walk into a room where Tanya, Cole, and Hailey are sitting in awkward silence. "So let's begin." McKenna says..

Cecilia walks into the room with pure fear on her face. "I know where to start." She says.

"Cecilia, honey, go away." Tanya says.

"There's something weird going on." Cecilia begins, ignoring Tanya's comment. "When I was in her room, I felt someone touch my shoulder. But no one was there. And then the door opened and closed. By itself." Cecilia sounds scared.

"You're wasting our time. We need to find Mister Fury." Cole says.

"It's Tash." Cecilia says looking at me like she can she me, yet I know she can't.

"Huh?" Cathy asks, interest sparking in her dark green eyes.

"Her souls at unrest. We must contact her." Cecilia says.

"What do you want us to do? Pull out a Ouija board?!" Hailey exclaims. I can tell she's absolutely scared.

Cecilia pulls out a notebook and a pen. I roll my eyes. She sets it on the table. "You... you think she's in... in here?" Hailey says staring at the notebook like it's going to kill her.

"I know she's in here." Cecilia says.

I walk over to the notebook and start writing. Hey guys -T

Hope sparks in Cecilia's eyes. "Tell them your importance." She says. Cathy gulps and Tanya raises an eyebrow.

I work for Mr Fury who, btw, is alive. The villian ur looking for is named Maria Santaz. Basically, Spanish imagrant lookin for revenge cause her parents were killed by shield.

"Where is she?" McKenna asks.

She's checked into a motel in Boston which is about half an hour away from here in Newton.

"Anything else?" Cathy asks jotting things down in a notebook.

She was the one who did this. She has brown hair and eyes. Her hair was short and she simply walked by me and whispered this in my ear: This is for killing my parents, Natasha. Then she touched me on the shoulder and I fell. She must have super powers or something.

"Is that all?!" Cole asks, disappointed.

Yep. Good luck. If you want me, I'll be in my room.

I write that and then walk away to my bed. I sit next to me. I breathe slowly. Slower. Slower. Slower. And then I hear a buzzing and I fall to the ground in pain. I can't breathe. I feel pain. I see Maria laughing. "This is what you get when you talk about me to them." She says then disappears as people start pouring into the room.