Chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to Kuro!

Keith walked down the dark metal hallway, keeping low to the floor, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

He turned the corner, running low to the ground, before jumping up to the ceiling and removing the air vent duct, and climbing inside.

Keith turned, and began crawling back on his stomach, occasionally seeing through an upcoming air vent cover. He took a few turns, before coming to his destination.

He stopped at one, and kicking off the cover and jumping down back into the hallway.

Keith silently walked down the dark hallway, his figure masked by shadows. When he turned to corner, something fell from the ceiling and began charging towards him.

"Attack!" Kuro yelled, his small, five year old frame light as a feather compared to Keith.

Keith laughed, and watched as Kosmo bounded down the hallway, Kuro on his back with a wooden toy sword.

Kosmo bucked Kuro off his back, sending him flying. Keith ran forward, catching him.

"Easy there!" Keith said between a laugh.

Kuro smiled, a tooth missing from it.

"Did I scare you! Did I! Did I!" Kuro asked, wiggling up and down in Keith's arms.

"I was scared out of my mind."

Kuro's smiled widend as he held his toy sword high in the air.

"Ha, Ha! No one messes with the Blade of Marmora!" Kuro shouted.

Keith chuckled, bending down to sit, holding Kuro in his lap. Keith reached into his jacket pocket, taking out an elastic, and tying his hair back.

"Do you want to come help me today?" Keith asked grinning.

Kuro's eyes went wide, his smile even wider.

"Really! I can help you?" Kuro asked.

Keith nodded. "Yeah. I know Krolia will be happy to see you too, as well as Kolivan."

"I get to see Grandma Kogane! And Uncle Kolivan!" Kuro asked.

Keith chuckled as stood. " Yeah. But I need to get my armour on, so I'll be right back." He said, sticking his hands in his leather jacket pockets, and walking back down the hall.

Kuro nodded, a smile plastered onto his face, as he ran down the opposite hallway. He waited for the metal doors to open, before running into the room.

Acxa was there, practicing firing her gun at targets.

Kuro waited by the door, before her round of bullets were gone. When they were, Kuro ran up to her, his height only about to her waist.

She looked down, before crouching to his height. "Hey, Kuro." Acxa said sweetly.

Kuro grabbed Acxa's hand, moving it up and down as he vividly explained.

"Daddy said that he would take me to help him today! I'm so excited!"

Acxa laughed, and ruffled Kuro's hair. "Okay. But make sure to tell Dad to be home before dinner."

Kuro nodded before running out and back down the hall. When he made it to his room, he changed into a pair of jeans, a grey shirt, and a red and white jacket.

Adjusting his sleeves, his exited his room, seeing Kosmo waiting by the door, his tail thumping against the ground when seeing Kuro.

"Kosmo!" Kuro shouted excitedly.