The Invitation (Edited)

Hello Reader! I've decided to edit this entire book. It's been maybe 3-4 years since I've touched it and I'm not happy with the state it's in so I'm going to be making changes some big some small. 

I was editing a video when I heard a knock on my door. I turned off my computer, got up, and opened the door to see women with blond hair in a bun, in a cream-colored suit and a hat with a letter in her hand.

"Telegram, for Ms. Willow," She handed me the letter.

"Oh, thank you," I say, looking at the letter to see who it was from. It was from Joey. I look back up and see the woman had disappeared. I looked around and the woman was nowhere to be seen. I go back inside and sit at my couch and open the envelope.

To my esteemed friends, I have acquired an illustrious estate through the death of a distant relative who I've never met. I thought it only fitting that I invite you all to attend a dinner party on its grounds. It will certainly be a night to remember. However, the estate is quite peculiar, it only exists in the year 1920. To enter its grounds, you must be dressed entirely in the clothing of that era. If you are carrying anything from the modern world, the house will simply never appear for you. And not only your clothing but your attitude must reflect the time. I have included your unique characteristics on the back of the invitation. My driver will pick you up and take you on a road that can only be driven by his mysterious time-traveling automobile. Then, almost like magic, the place will appear.

'Awesome, but how the hell am I supposed to go back in time,' I said to myself and started getting ready. My character was an actress.

OUTFIT ABOVE; IGNORE THE HEELS THERE SUPPOSED TO BE FLATS

I finished getting ready when I saw a car outside. I went downstairs, locked the front door, and got into the car.

~ - ~ - ~

We stopped at this beautiful mansion, and a light brown-haired man opened the door for us and we all one by one got out and walked up to the mansion.

I'm Madeline Willow and I'm the actress.

We walked inside the beautiful manor. The employees had us wait in the foyer. Everyone was conversing and most noticeably Matt asked for mints.

Everyone is talking, I'm talking with Eva and Lele. I look over at the staff too, the maid is really sketchy and I'm being a little cautious. I then see Joey in the little corner place.

"What do you guys think," Joey said. We all start clapping and cheering.

"Welcome to my new house."

"This is yours," said looking around in amazement. "This isn't your house," Justine says. "I actually have inherited this house from a distant cousin twice removed." He explains.

Glozell comes in and says. "My cousins give me nothin'." We chuckled at this comment.

"You all look amazing tonight in your 1920s attire," He compliments. "Thank you," We say, looking at our outfits.

"I wanna introduce you all to my wonderful staff, that actually came with the house, Arthur; the head of staff," We all wave and say hi. "Sarah; the maid," She bows then stands against the wall again. She was giving me bad vibes. "and then there Marvin; the groundskeeper. Dinner is almost ready, but until then, let's get to know each other a bit more and have some drinks," Joey says. We all walk into the room to our left and start talking, gambling, drinking and laying darts.

I am talking with Joey, Andrea, Oli, Sierra, and Lele. "No technology works here which is crazy." Sarah walks up to Joey and offers him a drink. "oh, I would love one, thank you."