twenty

HYUCK

"Gosh, I'm so happy to hear your voice" Mark whispers, his voice deep, husky almost and Donghyuck feels his knees buckle

His fingers curl around his phone tightly, eyebrows furrowing once he digests Mark's words, "Why? Markie, is everything okay?"

Donghyuck watches through the screen as a multitude of expression pass over Mark's face quickly, before settling on a small smile, "Now things are, yeah... I know it's only been a day, but I missed you"

Donghyuck smiles back in return, "I missed you too... but how have you been? How were your lessons, your song? Oh and I'm so sorry about Jaehyun, Joh--"

"It's okay, it's okay, Hyuck" Mark laughs, attempting to calm Donghyuck down, but all it succeeds in doing is gracing Donghyuck's lips with a pout, "everything's running smoothly here, and I thought I told you that your friends were fine"

Donghyuck offers a small smile, "I just wanna make sure you're okay"

At his words Mark visibly melts which makes Donghyuck grin.

"Classes are okay, and I've listened to some of the artists and songs you suggested- they were really good!"

Donghyuck chuckles, cutting off Mark's cute babbling, "and why do you sound so surprised?"

He asks which only makes Mark stutter more, "No I mean that.. I've gotten some real inspiration from them, I've started to make some good progress"

Donghyuck claps, a proud grin displayed on his face, "Well I'm super excited to listen to it when you're done"

After Donghyuck's finished making Mark blush over his music project, Mark begins inquiring about the fashion show, eyes lit up with wonder as Donghyuck describes the whole event.

"And like all these pink and green lights started to flicker and then you'll never guess what song they started the show with!" Donghyuck gasped, all the memories of the show flooding back, "it was galaxy supernova, galaxy supernova, Mark!"

"I'm sorry, what?"

At this Donghyuck's eyes widened, and he's pretty sure that his jaw physically dropped, "Galaxy supernova, SNSD... Girls Generation Markus, aka one of the biggest bops of all time, ring a bell?"

Mark smiled sheepishly, rubbing his neck, "Not really?"

Donghyuck sighed.

He fell for someone who wasn't a SONE? Tragic.

He stole a glance at Mark who seemed to be wary of the others reaction, assessing the possible danger of the situation.

"Maybe if you play some of it?"

Sighing, Donghyuck reaches over for Jaemin's phone which lay next to him, "You're lucky you're cute, Markie"

He sifted through Jaemin's songs before he found what he was looking for, clicking play immediately and singing the intro along with Taeyeon.

After belting out the chorus, copying the dance moves too, Donghyuck looks expectedly at Mark, a smile on his lips, only to see Mark looking back at him with his big doe eyes.

"Hyuckie.. your voice.. it's incredible!" He muses, seemingly a little flustered, to which Donghyuck takes great pride in.

"Why thank you" he giggles, "But I'm not that good-"

"are you kidding me- Hyuckie, if we ever meet you have to sing on one of my tracks-"

"If?" Donghyuck picks up on, "Don't you mean when?"

"Whe-" Donghyuck sees how Mark splutters, before a giant smile takes over his face.

"I know it's pretty late over there, maybe we should discuss this on our next call?" He suggests, watching as Mark nods vigorously.

"Definitely... we definitely should"

Donghyuck laughs at how excited Mark is and he feels something warm blossom within him.

"So.." Mark starts, "what are you up to next? Please tell me you're going to get some rest-"

Cutting him off, Donghyuck sighs dramatically, "Unfortunately, my schedule calls, we're leaving Tokyo and flying to Osaka, which should be pretty low key though"

Mark nods, digesting the information before speaking up again, "Okay, okay just look after yourself okay?"

"I will, I promise" Donghyuck responds, lifting his little pinky up to the screen, which Mark eagerly mirrors.

Clearly satisfied by the promise, Mark drops his hand back to his side, "Well it's getting late, I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Okay... Sweet dreams" Donghyuck sings watching as colour rushes to Mark's cheeks

"Uh, yeah, sweet- sweet dreams to you too" He stutters, knowing that it's probably only early afternoon where Donghyuck is.

Donghyuck giggles- yes, he giggles softly, before waving to the camera, keeping the motion going until Mark finally disconnects the call after coming back to his senses.

Sweet dreams, Donghyuck smiles to himself, what a dork.

——————————————————————-
Notes-
Oof so I'll probably have to go back and proofread this chapter because I just haven't had the time to (sorry guys)

but hey I'm curious, do you guys watch kdramas? because I've been really into them recently!

I've just finished watching arthdal chronicles with my flat mate and now I'm onto descendants of the sun.

Comment below your favourites ones!
One of mine is Suspicious Partner 💫