Surat Al-Hijr :Verses 1-99

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I AM SO VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE BUT I HOPE U GUYS READ THE NEW TAFSIR ON SURAT AL-HIJR AND U GUTS BENEFIT FROM IT INSHALLAH :)

_____________________________

VERSE 1

Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the Book and a clear Qur'an.

The verses in this surat are verses of the book (Quran) and the Quran is clear.  The Quran makes clear the words of Allah swt, His commands, clearness of life, ete. Thus, the Quran is a source of understanding, knowledge, guidance, right perspective, etc.

VERSE 2

Perhaps those who disbelieve will wish that they had been Muslims.

The word possibly is used only once in the Qur’an. It doesn't mean that Allah swt doesn't know but rather it means it is possible that it may happen many times that those who disbelieve would wish if only they were Muslims. They would wish that they had worshipped Allah swt alone, submitted to Allah swt and rejected shirk and disbelief (kufr). There are people of Islam who wish they weren’t born into a Muslim family but Allah swt saying its the opposite for disbelievers. When Allah swt gives victory to Muslims, they would wish they were Muslims. All their plan will come to a fail. Victory refers to both victory of Muslims at the time of the prophet pbuh and Muslims of today. Allah swt made Muslims victorious over the Mushriks of Mecca and inshallah will make us victorious over the oppressive leaders and governments.

*This wish is for both this life and hereafter. In this life they would wish for victory faith and clean and good life and hereafter would wish for heaven and eternal happiness. Some don’t have wishes to be Muslim in this life but they will definitely have this wish and regret in the grave and hereafter.

In the grave those who believed will see home in heaven and shown their home in hell had they not believed and those who disbelieved will be shown their abode in hell and shown  what could have been their home in heaven if they had believed.

*Our life is short and the choice is up to us. If we waste it, then hereafter will be filled with regret.

VERSE 3

Let them eat and enjoy themselves and be diverted by [false] hope, for they are going to know.

Allah swt says leave them and let be. They eat and enjoy themselves in this life. We say leave them when we know for sure no matter what they’re not going to listen. They’re enjoying themselves as if they’re intoxicated by dunya. They keep on moving from one desire to the next and don't have time to think of Allah. They focus on food so much so that it is as if the purpose of their existence is to eat.  Majority of money goes into food whether it be for the kitchen, utensils, ingredients, etc. Mainly life about sleeping and eating.

*It’s sad because majority of women spend time in the kitchen. Preparing meals is not our major priority. We cannot be obsessed with food. We can always buy food but we cannot buy salah, pay someone to recite Qur’an for us, etc. We eat to live, not live to eat.

They enjoy their lives and for them the dunya (worldly life) is everything to them. YOLO they say. The false hopes and desires distract them from what is more important.