Chapter 1: The dorm

Uraraka Ochaco

As I walked down the hallway, my mind kept drifting back to the green-haired boy I met the day of the tour. Several weeks have passed since then and I feel kind of stupid for recalling the moments we shared without doing anything. Not as if it was my fault...or his...He was just so nervous that time that he forgot to ask my contact info! And..well, I'm as guilty as him, I guess. I remember how much I laughed that day, how fun it was. For once, I felt that what I wanted to do with my life was somehow meaningful.

I have the total support of my parents and friends in my career choice, Environmental Science, it's just that...They don't quite picture me dedicating my life to it. Yes, I know how of a bubbly-head I might look at times, but I believe that I can do it if I give it enough passion. Since I've been younger, I've loved gazing the starry night. Seeing the stars and knowing how far the are and yet looking how the reach us was just so overwhelming for me back then. I wanted to be an astronaut back then, silly I know. My parents couldn't stop laughing at my reaction when I found out that astronauts had to endure zero gravity and well...I don't do especially good at flying. So I decided to make of this world something the stars could gaze and smile at.

So silly of me, I know. But those were the thoughts of the younger me.

But with Deku-kun...things just felt different. He wouldn't moke me for it or tell me how stupid I was for dreaming as a child at my age. He looked quite the opposite. As if my dreams were meaningful and precious. He smiled as bright as no one has when I told him I wished Andromeda could see in our world the same beauty I saw in her. And for that, I couldn't take the thought of him out of my mind.

He made me smile the whole time I was with him. I felt so cheerful with him just being with me. Sure, we was clumsy as no one, but that made me feel so light hearted. And somehow he managed to occupy my mind through all the weeks that had passed.

When the tour was over, he just stood nervously scratching the back of his head while staring at the ground. I wanted to say something, but I kind of wanted to know what he thought. And then he loose it and yelled.

"IT WAS REALLY NICE TO MEET YOU, URARAKA-SAN! HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN IN CAMPUS!" And then..he ran off?

Well, Ochaco, you sure are great with guys.

I wanted to yell back something, anything, specially since I didn't get his number nor him mine. U. A. was just so big, how was I supposed to meet him again?

I felt so dumb for even considering any of that as I walked to my new room at Heights Alliance, U. A. dorms.

I was so nervous for meeting my roommate. Would she be nice and cool? Or cool and cold? Ochaco, you sure are funny. But most of all, I was excited. I was really doing this! For real!

I regained my enthusiasm. As my oba-san used to say, cheerfulness will take you anywhere you dream!

"24-A, 25-A, I'm almost there then...It should be just...right there!" I whispered to myself as I ran to the door that had a 27-A written on it.

Finally...finally the whole experience would begin! Oh, should I practice something? Some way of introducing myself. What about, hey yo, Ochaco desu yo! or Tadaima, so nice to meet you! No? Well, those had a weird ring for me...Way too..annoying?

I was so lost in my mumble that I didn't realize that first, I had said everything aloud and second that the door was opened. And that there was a girl staring at me while chuckling quietly.

I froze at the spot feeling too ashamed to speak. I could only stare at her. She was ridiculously pretty. She had dark hair tied in a high ponytail with some tufts of hair falling on her face. Her kind dark eyes as well were staring me with so much pureness, not a single trace of sneer in them, that made me smile. Her whole faced transmitted friendliness and she was dressed so nicely that the word cinnamon roll was written all over her...Those were to words, well then.