Chapter 3: Wind Flower

Ashido Mina

Who would imagine how busy a campus cafeteria could be when classes are not even started yet? Normally I would think that half of the students wouldn't set foot in college until it was strictly necessary.

Honey & Sugar was the most popular coffee shop in all of U. A. Everyone knew about it and had gone at least once, even if it was only to accompany someone else. For example, I always hang out there because, well, it was my job. I was fortunate to get a job as soon as I stepped on U. A. It wasn't as if the salary they offered was incredible, but at least I wanted to contribute what I could to pay my major. My parents were happy that I was becoming an adult, on the other hand, I saw it as a way to pay off my hobby.

Dancing.

U. A. had an incredible arts program that included performing arts, which I was going to attend and one of the best dance clubs in the country. Sometimes, on vacation, members made presentations abroad. It was so incredible that sometimes I didn't think it was real.

I had only been working for Honey & Sugar for a couple of days, I had already decided to settle on campus as soon as possible and I was already doing quite well among the rest of the staff. I was in charge of making the playlists that sounded on the background in the cafeteria, full of good music of different genres for all tastes, although to be honest, I always ended up putting the new songs that came out of my favorite K-Pop groups, which gave the cafe a fresh and youthful atmosphere. On the other hand, that was just something that I had fun doing on my own, my official job was to be a waitress, although sometimes I helped as a barista if needed.

Overall, I loved my job, it was quite light and fun most of the time. When there weren't many clients, I could start doing K-Pop choreographies without any problem. And one of the things that helped the relaxed atmosphere was that one of my best friends and high school classmate worked with me.

I had met Kirishima Eijirou in high school. We were in different classes but in the same grade. One day, a friend of mine was attacked and I couldn't help but going to her aid in his presence. Kirishima approached me after that and told me how it had impacted him, making him reevaluate his own character. I tried to discard it as if it was nothing, but the truth is that I was glad I had a positive impact on someone. Since then we spend it together, mostly joking and talking about what we want to do with life. With Kirishima, work is never boring.

Kirishima, or Eijirou, as I have begun to call him, entered U. A. for what I would call luck, for the truth is that he hasn't even chosen his major. Something relaxed, probably, I think. And masculine. Kirishima has told me that he would like to do something that can help people, but knowing him, the whole medicine or psychology thing is not for him.

I glance at him from the other side of the cafe with a smile. Kirishima weared an apron and a cap that forced his spiky red hair to fall on his forehead. I've always thought he looked so adorable with his hair like that, but every time I mention it, he just laughs and tries to crush my own tangle of pink hair in the same way. He also's wearing a nameplate on his chest as he's smiling broadly at a client. He seems to catch my gaze and smiles back.

Today, the coffee shop seemed to have three times the normal clientele, there were so many people that all tables are occupied and orders flied non-stop. I moved around all the tables trying to remember all the orders and smile at all the customers while I took the orders.

"A hectic day, huh?" A voice called me from behind, I turned around watching Kirishima approach me. I snorted and smiled.

"It warrants a good dose of energy, I am thinking of some BLACKPINK or Day 6, what do you think?" I thoughtfully greeted him. Then I realized that Eijirou should be in taking orders and not talking to me and I tapped his shoulder. " Hey, don't distract me! What are you doing here? How did you even get out of there?"