Chapter 8: The Band

Kirishima Eijiro

Rush hour would've been the worst if it wasn't for Mina. Her energetic self and warm smile always made me forget how stressful customers could be.  Even though Sugar & Honey wasn't such a big place, it was the only place U. A. Kids seems to know about. Personally, I didn't like cafés that much. They were okay I guess, but they didn't serve anything that I couldn't make at my own dorms. I glanced at Mina while she swung around a table with a tray full of empty and dirty cups to the beat of God's Menu, by Stray Kids. I smiled warmly to myself as I cleaned the counter.

She's why I'm here.

She's been my best friend and inspiration since high school and when she told me she was applying for U. A. I just knew I didn't mind as long as I was with her. Besides, it's a pretty cool place. I'm still taking basic classes since I haven't picked a major yet, but I was on it. With Mina, I was determinante to try almost everything (legal, that is....I even had to clear that out for her) in order to find my true "calling" as she called it.

The smell of coffee and baked goods was so relaxing in contrast with the constant noise and movement around. I always told Mina that she might want play some chill music so customers can relax as well but all she did was laugh and said that the energy boost was never unwelcome.

Her shift was almost done while I still had one hour or so left after which I'd have to run for my next class. I'd be lying if I said that that didn't tire me, but feeling active through the day actually felt rewarding.

"Hey, you lazy pig, get me some spoons!" She yelled at me as she cake towards the counter. She rested her elbows on it and then looked at me through her eyelashes. "Ah! I'm so tired. I can't believe I have a dance practice later." She said with a sigh. I shrugged and put a hand on her head messing up her hair.

"You picked this lifestyle, deal with it, artist." She always made a point that dancing wasn't just a hobby or and exercise, but a whole art.

Mina rolled her eyes and let herself fall even more on the counter.

"Yeah, I didn't sign for being exhausted everyday, all day."

"Whatever, Mina." I said passing her a spoon and then, because I knew it would cheer her up and get a laugh from her, I took her hand in both of mine and raised it. "Fighting!" I said with a dumb smile like the ones those k-drama guys she liked do all the time...not that I've watched k-dramas with her. Not that I cried to any Oh My Ghost drama...

She laughed and squeezed my hands before turning around. Before leaving, though, she yelled.

"Lighten up the mood! I'm in the mood for something danceable, you know?" She have the table their spoon and then went around to other more.

Something danceable...right. Like she couldn't dance to anything.

I know exactly then what she'd liked and I scrolled to the playlist that she had made.

I saw how her arms moved slightly at the rhythm of I Can't Stop Me, by Twice as she threw a look at me with approval.

I was happy at that moment.

The bell from the entrance ringed and I shifted my gaze from her to the door when I saw my second favorite blond guy. I smiled and waived my hand to welcome him.

"Denki! Dude, you never come around anymore."

Kaminari walked to me with a smirk as he pointed his head towards a black haired girl walking by his side. She was quite short in comparison to Denki, which nudged at her to make her look in my direction.

"I've been looking for variety, what can I say. Hey, Jirou, this is my friend, Kirishima. Kirishima, this is my charming Jirou." He said passing an arm around her shoulder.

"Cut the crap already, won't ya?"

"Hey, nice to meet ya." I said with a waive and she nodded.

"Where's the girl though? You said something about some Mina?"

I lifted my eyebrows and looked around for Mina. Her pink hair was easily spotted and I signaled her with a nod as I cleaned a glass.

"Looking for her? Man, I thought you care to see me." I faked a disappointment voice and Denki rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure. Hey, tell her to come over. My girl here has some proposition for you two."

"His" girl shifted her weight from one foot to another in an attempt of getting away from him.

"Go get her yourself, I'm working." I complained. Kaminari told Jiro to wait while he approached Mina.

"So, you two dating, huh?" I questioned Jiro when we were alone. She jumped like a scared cat, as if realizing I was talking to her or maybe because of what I said. A bit of blush appeared on her cheeks but she seemed to dismiss it with a snort.

"Disgusting. We're not even friends. He's annoying as nothing else." But her eyes followed him around the room as he walked back followed by Ashido.

"What a dumbass, Denki." Said Mina before finally turning to us. "Hey! You must be Jiro. Nice, Denki!" She high five him with a laugh.

"I told ya."

"Mina, right?" Jiro cleared her throat and crossed he arms. "This dumbass over here" pointed at Denki with no hesitation and Mina laughed "said that you would be interested in joining a band?"

Now this was interesting. Mina opened her eyes widely and stared from her to Kaminari.

"Really? Oh my God, you're so sweet! You do appreciate my talent!"

"She just need quorum, get over yourself."

"Same thing, thank you Jiro! Of course I want to, but we gotta set a schedule that works for all." She then looked at me. "Why about you?"

"If you're in I'm in." She jumped in her place and took my hands in between hers.

"We're gonna be idols together!" Jiro smiled at that. "Let's add some dances to spice it up and...Oh! We can even get cute outfits!"

"Yeah, let Jiro plan that. Text us later? We gotta get back to work."

The excitement in Mina's face was worth the try. Besides, who wouldn't want to be a part time idol?

_____
Hello! Trying to make up for neglecting this. Sorry for so much filler hahah.

Love,
Iriz❤️