Chapter 2: The Science Building

Yaoyorozu Momo

I left our room with the hopes that my new roommate wasn't scared of me. I knew how people used to thought about me, judging me for what I have and how I look...but honestly, sometimes it's just my parents insistence and my own ingenuity.

However, Uraraka-chan seem like the kind of people that would be shocked at first but that wouldn't care later. At least, I hoped she was like that. She was so pretty, in a school-girl way, if I had to say it. She had this cute bob haircut and brown hair. Her big eyes were so bright and full of emotion that it was impossible to not think she was pretty. Her cheeks had this natural blush and her clothing was casual but managed to transmit this cute and girly vibe. I honestly liked her so much, sharing the room with her would be so much fun.

I took my phone out and wrote a list of the things I wanted to buy before looking for a coffee shop. Tea was the first item because tea is just so perfect. When I was little, I committed myself to try every kind of tea that was available at the grocery store. And then in other one and that kept going and going. It's like a little thing of mine without more meaning than I like tea so badly.

This time, I was looking for some camellia tea and other randoms things from the list such as face masks and new brushes. Brushes can get useless so fast.

Walking down the campus was so peaceful now that classes had not begin yet. There were people, but not in the usual rush of getting to classes on time. I had noted the other day, in the tour, how pretty the architecture was here. I mean, what kind of mastermind design this? I kept thinking how could I reply some structures in mockups or paintings and which paint to use. I was just so hyped up. Not to mention the beautiful sky above me. That day, it was so clear and blue that I honestly had to stare at it for ten minutes. I must have look like a total freak, but at that time, I didn't even realized that.

I passed a lot of faculties before reaching the middle of the campus all the "main faculties" were at. I rolled my eyes at them every time I thought about a faculty being better than another. That was just dumb. Those said faculties were Economics, Medicine, Science and Law. Technically, it wasn't U. A.'s fault that those were the faculties that most people took serious. They got to be in the middle of the campus, practically near every useful local and the best installations. Not that the arts faculty were bad, they were actually one of the best of the whole country, but that actually tells you more about how awesome these were.

One of the best thing of U. A. was that I didn't had to leave the campus to get all the things I needed. They had everything, from a regular store and multiple places to eat to a paper store.

Guess what? Those where in the small square that was in the middle of the campus.

On my way to my first stop, I found myself admiring the Science building. It was just so great. I was about to leave when I saw a familiar face coming out of the building. My cheeks warmed up at remembering our first meeting. His hair and eyes of two colors made such a contrast that marveled me every time I stared at them. Not that I was used to it, we practically forgot to introduce each other during the tour. I thought that the chances of we meeting again were pretty much slight because of the size of the university, but here we were. Me standing in the end of the stairs that lead into the Science building and him, going down without even noticing the red-faced girl I was.

It was kind of a magical moment when our eyes met and he stopped.

I could see this painting already. The sky painted in watercolors in an aquamarine shade and the stairs in a grey one. Then, me, the most boring item in the painting. And then him. His hair stealing the focus of the picture. And his scar, almost imperceptible but raw at the same time.

In other words, I, Yaoyorozu Momo, had froze at the sight of him.

And then he smiled at me and headed in my direction. My heart started racing its speed, which I couldn't quite understand. It wasn't as if I liked him or anything. It was just that I had made such a terrible first impression last time.

The guy...Oh, I didn't even know his name, shame on me!

The guy stood two steps ahead of me keeping his distance and we both spoke at the same time.

"I'm so sorry about last time!" I said while he said "I'm not sure I catched your name last time". Then we both shouted our mouths and kept quiet for a second before laughing.

"I told you it didn't bother me already." He said and bowed slightly, "my name is Todoroki Shouto. Nice to meet you."

I was so red but happy at the same time. I felt so light hearted. I returned the bow with a smile.

"Yaoyorozu Momo desu. Hajimemashite." For a moment we both just glanced at each other, like two fools before the embarrassment hit me. I looked away and I saw him doing the same. To kill the ice I try to came up with something. "So, what were you doing there?"

Todoroki-san changed the weight from one feet to another.

"I was just taking a better look at my classrooms and labs. I don't want to get lost on my first day."

"Labs? Oh, right, the Science Department...wait. What are you studying?" I roze my eyebrows at him. I had thought that since he liked art too...maybe...

"Physics. Haven't I told you?" He looked as confused as me.

"Well, no. I mean, the only thing we spoke about during the tour was art and the building. I kinda thought that...well, you know." Now I was ashamed at myself. I surely looked like a girl, dreaming with this guy to be in the same faculty as me just because he heard me out while I rambled about paintings and stuff.

"That's fine. This doesn't mean we can't hang out or anything." For some reason I got excited at the thought of him wanting to hang out with me. I could only nod smiling. "Are you doing something right now? Besides staring random faculties?"

I laughed after a few seconds.

"Oh, yes, I was on my way to the store. And then, I was planning on grabbing a coffee. Actually, probably not coffee, but you get it. Oh, want to join me?" Todoroki-san grinned at me shyly.

"I would like to..." He was so blushed right now, how lovely! "But I have to get some places."

"Oh, that's fine. I guess we'll see each other some other time." Don't you dare feeling rejected, Momo, it wasn't like that. "I guess I'll get going then.." I said shyly and started walking away kind of low.

"Wait!" I tensed my body when I felt his cold touch in my shoulder. I turn to find a Todoroki-san with his mouth mid opened and with his cheeks all red. He looked away and removed his hand from my shoulder. Now, it was my turn to look away. What were we, fricking sixteen? "I...uh..I just thought that you might want to exchange numbers."

"Oh, yeah, right." I mumbled giving him a small smile to try to break the awkwardness.

We exchanged our contact info and then parted in our own directions. I was so happy and embarrassed and confused that I forgot to buy the camellia tea. I had to go back to store all over and at it, the sun went down and the night received me with a flustered heart with no explanation.

Just forget about it, I thought, or else you'll make Todoroki-san uncomfortable with you.

Yeah, I was just dumb. I was never too good at making friends. I was just happy about having a new one. I smiled at the thought. I was genuinely happy about it.

_____

Hello, readers!!

How are you guys doing? Hahha, I just decided to stop by to tell you a few things. First things first (I never manage to say that aloud hahha), I'm trying to update a lot until I get things steady in terms of the plot, I wouldn't want to start reading something with 2 chapters that updates like 2 times per month. Therefore the chapters may or may not be a little short (just as the ones I've been bringing you until know). Second things second...well, I guess that was all. Mmmm...I'm really having fun writing this so yeah, I'll get to it now then.

Thanks for reading me!!!!!

-Iriz