Chapter 4: "Start To A Perfect Day"

The bell rang, beginning another school day at Mitakihara High. It were particularly stormy, lightning lit up the skies as Rei made her way to homeroom. She yawned, sleepily.

".. Man.. After all that happened yesterday.. I really wish I could have just stayed home and slept in." She whispered, as she slowly opened the door leading into Miss Saotome's classroom.

"Hey, Rei!" Madoka waved to Rei, smiling happily. "Where did you go, yesterday? After what.. Happened, I found myself back in my bedroom, and you weren't anywhere nearby." She asked, curiously.

"That's bizarre.. I.." Rei blinked, before shifting her gaze to Sayaka, across the room. She was nose-deep in her homework, which was odd. ".. I woke up in my room too. Did we dream the whole thing?"

"I hope not, that was one horrible nightmare if we did!" Madoka laughed.

"Well, being what we are, anything is possible." Rei said, ".. Excuse me for a moment."

"Okay!" Madoka smiled at Rei as she made her way over to Sayaka.

"Hey."

"Mm? Oh. Rei. Hey there." Sayaka said, lowering her homework packet as she made eye contact with the girl.

".. Try not to speak about what happened yesterday."

Rei was startled, hearing the voice in her mind. ".. Aren't you worried about anyone else hearing us?"

"With the connection we have, I can narrow it to just between us. Only speak to me about yesterday's events when we're alone, or with you-know-who."

"Got it."

Rei and Sayaka nodded at each other. ".. I was actually wondering if you wanted to come over tomorrow after school. We could study together for the semester final on Friday."

"Sounds good to me." Sayaka fist bumped Rei, before looking back down to her packet.

".. Weird.. Azuma isn't in his seat. Was he switched out of this homeroom?" Rei pondered, staring at the only empty seat in the back.

Rei looked down beside the desk, and saw Azuma's bag. She immediately tensed up.. Azuma never missed a single class, let alone left one.

"M-Miss Saotome, may I please use the restroom?"

Rei speed-walked the halls of the school, her eyes scanning all around for any sign of her boyfriend, she slowly stopped when she heard voices from around the corner of the senior-level classes. She thought she could hear Azuma.

It was normal for different grades to be placed in a homeroom together, but why would Azuma be in the senior hallway during this period? His homeroom was with her, after all.

"Azuma.. I like you. I like you a lot.. I've been wanting to tell you for a long time.. But I kept my mouth shut. Seeing you with that sophomore.. I didn't want to impose, but I can't sit back anymore."

"Konomi, this is very sudden.. But, the truth is.. I've always really liked you too. I thought you weren't interested in me at all, and I tried to move on."